STH granted greater access to live games

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

STH granted greater access to live games

Post by josie andrews »

Betfred Super League is delighted to announce an agreement with Sky Sports which allows club Season Ticket Holders exclusive access to live broadcasts of matches involving their teams in August, while games take place behind closed doors.

Every Super League match in August is already live on Sky Sports – but now Season Ticket Holders will also be given the option to watch their own club’s games via the RFL’s Our League platform, either live or on demand, starting this weekend.

Super League Chief Commercial Officer Rhodri Jones said: “Being able to offer our clubs’ most loyal fans the opportunity to not miss a moment of the action is fantastic.

“We are extremely thankful to Sky Sports for working with us, and our clubs, to ensure that those without access to traditional viewing methods are still able to enjoy some great Betfred Super League action throughout August.”

Mark Foster, the RFL’s Chief Commercial Officer, adds: “Live Rugby League is coming back to our TV screens and back to Our League, and we’re delighted to be working with our partners at Super League and Sky Sports to make sure that all season ticket holders can see their sides in action.”

Wigan Warriors are currently awaiting a batch of Our League access codes from Super League, which will be distributed to current 2020 season ticket holders as soon as possible after they have been received.

In order to receive your access code, we will need your current email address to be connected to your ticketing account, which is how the codes will be assigned and distributed. Please click here to login and update your details.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2020/07/ ... ive-games/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Re: STH granted greater access to live games

Post by moto748 »

I'm pleased that they're doing it (are all clubs doing something similar?), but have had mixed results with the Our League thing in the past. Be much happier with live on Wigan TV. I realise that's not the same audience.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:32 am I'm pleased that they're doing it (are all clubs doing something similar?), but have had mixed results with the Our League thing in the past. Be much happier with live on Wigan TV. I realise that's not the same audience.
It does seem to be a SL led rather than w club led move in the past I’ve found the our league laughably poor to use so I’m not touching it and I doubt I would do even if I hadn’t got sky
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Can I have your login? No sky here!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Glad it's not just me, fozzie! I can see myself waiting until it gets on Wigan TV.
Hattster

Post by Hattster »

A week before the season “starts” and we still haven’t heard anything from the club regarding what the plans are regarding season ticket holders. Other clubs have offered a few alternatives to their fans weeks ago but nothing at all from Wigan yet.