Wigan's Forwards

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Wigan's Forwards

Post by Mike »

I am still unsure about wigan's pack!we have sold two props and brought two in, ok!the two we have sold are Brady Malam and Tony Mestrov. But the thing you have to ask your self is: "are the two new props we have brought in as good as the one's we have sold?"we've brought in Mark Hilton who is injury prone and not even wigan reserve class!And Francis Stepheson who is a big lad and looks okay, but are they as good as Tony Mestrov and Brady Malam?Brady Malam in my opinion started to come good at the later stages of the season, i thought he had just got to grips with the english game and would have a good 2nd season with us. Tony Mestrov in my opinion is not wigan class and never will be, they did well to get shut of him!But instead of bringing two world class props in they bring a young lad with hardly any experience and Mark Hilton who is always injured and couldn't get in the warrignton side!Mark Hilton is a poor signing and this will show!we have 1 excellent prop in Terry O' Connor and another good one in Neil Cowie but Cowie is 33 and is not getting any younger, he has had a great stay with wigan and is a great prop (who will take the ball up) but he is old and will have to be rested in the season.In the past wigan have had a forward line which every team is frightened of playing against e.g - Kelvin Skerret and Barrie McDermott. Now we are not as vicious or frightning and something has to be done.We need someone like shane webke or stephen kearney.Are backs are great probably the best back - line on paper in the world but are fowards are letting us down from being the great,dominant wigan side we know from the past.what do you all think.Craig
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐