Squad for Leeds game Sunday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Squad for Leeds game Sunday

Post by josie andrews »

1 Zak Hardaker
2 Liam Marshall
3 Chris Hankinson
5 Joe Burgess
6 Bevan French
9 Sam Powell
11 Willie Isa
12 Liam Farrell
15 Joe Greenwood
16 Morgan Smithies
19 Joe Bullock
20 Liam Byrne
21 Dom Manfredi
22 Mitch Clark
23Jake Bibby
28 Harry Smith
29 Jack Wells
30 Ethan Havard
31 Jackson Hastings
32 AmirBorough
33 Joe Shorrocks

https://twitter.com/wiganwarriorsrl/sta ... 01091?s=21
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Re: Squad for Leeds game Sunday

Post by Firestarter »

I really think its time to cut loose lockers...... we could then bring in a back rower till the seasons end...... just a big waste of cap imo....... on another note, ive just seen the leeds squad.....injury hit my arse...... im certain they were ressted against ssints coz they worked out they had a better chance against us....... if all them players were genuinely unfit then thry cant be 100% and we should take full advantage......wells or greenwood should get a bench spot and possibly a chance for joe burgess...... i think shorroks will get one bench spot for half cover...... we will see...... defo gotta keep bevan fullback because we lost all our attacking flair ,when he got put on the wing last week.......come on the warriors smash em
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:48 pm I really think its time to cut loose lockers...... we could then bring in a back rower till the seasons end...... just a big waste of cap imo....... on another note, ive just seen the leeds squad.....injury hit my arse...... im certain they were ressted against ssints coz they worked out they had a better chance against us....... if all them players were genuinely unfit then thry cant be 100% and we should take full advantage......wells or greenwood should get a bench spot and possibly a chance for joe burgess...... i think shorroks will get one bench spot for half cover...... we will see...... defo gotta keep bevan fullback because we lost all our attacking flair ,when he got put on the wing last week.......come on the warriors smash em
Joe Shorrocks is a forward 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Would like to see Joe Greenwood get some game time, quality second rower IMO, shame about his prolific injury history but always gives his all for my money when fit!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:22 pm
Firestarter wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:48 pm I really think its time to cut loose lockers...... we could then bring in a back rower till the seasons end...... just a big waste of cap imo....... on another note, ive just seen the leeds squad.....injury hit my arse...... im certain they were ressted against ssints coz they worked out they had a better chance against us....... if all them players were genuinely unfit then thry cant be 100% and we should take full advantage......wells or greenwood should get a bench spot and possibly a chance for joe burgess...... i think shorroks will get one bench spot for half cover...... we will see...... defo gotta keep bevan fullback because we lost all our attacking flair ,when he got put on the wing last week.......come on the warriors smash em
Joe Shorrocks is a forward 😊
I know...... i just saw shorroks and presumed...... so french will be only other half option if it belly up in the halves?
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Bit of a shot in the dark but do think Farrell could play left centre?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Farrel is a good lad but only hits gaps when hes put there....... greenwood barges through gaps(on form).... pretty close call..... its all about if hastings decides to turn up imo
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Well that’s my thinking. Farrell in the centre, greenwood inside him. Greenwood makes half breaks and Farrell is one of the best back up players
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

No need to put in any makeshift centre we have a perfectly good lad in Hankinson!! He had Hurrell in his pocket last time at Leeds, plus kicked the goals to win the game

Just saying

Even more concerning is the amount of injuries we appear to have
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

While , i personally am made up seeing Greenwood and Wells in the squad, i ve got to say how frustrated i am seeing no Ben Flower in the squad.

Serious question how many games has he played in the last 12 months. We ve had no game for five months and hey ho he along with SOL are injured AGAIN!!

I was a massive fan of Flower in years gone by but is outburst towards the Club at not getting a starting jersey number and his continued absence have let me thinking i ll be glad too see the back of him.

SOL, Flower and Clubb must be taking a biggish chunck of the cap up and in essence play very little!!!!