Squad for Leeds game Sunday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Squad for Leeds game Sunday

Post by moto748 »

What morley said. I thought it was a pretty satisfying win in the circumstances. And a big upgrade on the previous week's effort.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

What's worrying me are the coming fixtures.
The game is now much faster with no scrums and the reset during play. I'd be concerned about the effect on players without proper rest periods. I see we have planned some matches with only 4 days break between games and that can't be right.
It's likely to bring about long-term injuries and that's bad not just for individuals but the whole game.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Not sure it's that much quicker TBH. We hardly get any set restarts in SL (at least in our matches) and the scrums still have the shot clock which means the two teams just stand around for 30 seconds which is weird to see.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

The quicker the better for us, I reckon.
From what I have seen over the last couple of games...
French is an excitement machine - a modern day Fergie (who was under valued in Oz before he came to us)
How good is it to see Manfredi playing every week, after his horror run of injuries? And Marshall is a real threat
Bibby is better than I realised, and has plenty of improvement in him
H Smith should be our 7 for the next decade
Havard must be tied down at all costs. Of all our young forwards, he looks the best to me
Bullock is the first big lad prop who plays his weight we have had for about 10 years
If Lam has told the team simply to get the ball into Faz’s hands as often as possible that is excellent coaching. He was made to play in wide open 100 mile an hour games
Clark and Greenwood may not be the complete write offs I thought they were
If we can let Flower and Clubb go at the end of the season, that would be no loss
I am beginning to discern a new pattern of play, and I really like it. Having been a ferocious critic of Lam, I must say that this time round I like what he is trying to do.

The only open questions for me so far are George Burgess? Can Smithies cut out the errors and penalties and fulfil his potential?
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I get the feeling that George burgess has come over to England to see his career out so he doesn’t have to put the effort in as let’s be honest he’s come from a harder league in the NRL.
Completely agree with you on smithies. Has all the potential but has to keep his aggression in check as he does give some bad penalties away, at crucial times as well
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:00 am
up the junction wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:28 pm Powell is stealing a living , looks totally uninterested ! Is he carrying a knock or just plain shite ?
Was going to reply to this but words fail me . REALLY
Without getting into an argument, please tell me what he offers from a key position? More than not he’s third man in the tackle , offers nothing with the ball in hand and his distribution is average . As for being Lams M o M well , words fail me with that . Just my opinion though
Regards EW