THE SCOREBOARD LOOKS CRUEL

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

THE SCOREBOARD LOOKS CRUEL

Post by Firestarter »

Terry oconners anti wigan comment..... ok tez( great player by the way)....... wigan have 2/3 trys disallowed.......at least off top of my head...... leeds get a 100% no try...... 28 -10 becomes 40 - 6.....does it look cruel now???? Carney( the new eddie hemmings)had his dig as well...... good ref and wigan win very very easy....... then luke gale goes and criticises a bloke who he controlled for most of the game...... i know we like our controversy but rugby league is the best game in the world without all the fake dram BS
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Re: THE SCOREBOARD LOOKS CRUEL

Post by moto748 »

I just wonder if it strikes other fans as it does us? I mean, say you're a Hull KR fan watching, what do you think about the commentary? Doesn't it strike you as a tad biased? Or even more if you're just a casual viewer, a union fan, perhaps?

I just mean, in the bigger picture, it doesn't look professional. It's not a good look for the sport.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Well, I'm biased but.............. the half-time montage of play clips leading into the ad break featured all Leeds action including (but not mentioned as terrible reffing) the 'try.' The casual viewer would never have known that Wigan were leading.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

One thing that nobody seems to have picked up on was when we got penalised for lifting in the tackle....... the leeds man had one leg on the floor and purposely lifted it up to make it look bad...... gale played a massive part in the pen by making it out to be a shocker...... i reckon he got his just deserves in the end , whether his was bad or not
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Southern Softy wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:11 am Well, I'm biased but.............. the half-time montage of play clips leading into the ad break featured all Leeds action including (but not mentioned as terrible reffing) the 'try.' The casual viewer would never have known that Wigan were leading.
i was out and didnt watch the game / hear any commentary

when i came on here on Monday morning i genuinely thought that Wigan had been beat with the posts that were running, so can completely understand your comment about the casual viewer
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

the pieman wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:44 pm
Southern Softy wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:11 am Well, I'm biased but.............. the half-time montage of play clips leading into the ad break featured all Leeds action including (but not mentioned as terrible reffing) the 'try.' The casual viewer would never have known that Wigan were leading.
i was out and didnt watch the game / hear any commentary

when i came on here on Monday morning i genuinely thought that Wigan had been beat with the posts that were running, so can completely understand your comment about the casual viewer
I think that says more about the posts here then SKYs coverage!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

Personally I don't think you're biased at all on this issue, the coverage throughout the whole match was shocking. If the commentary was on radio rather than TV you would genuinely think that Leeds were well ahead throughout practically the whole game. Constantly banging on about how brilliant and solid Ash Handley was at the back despite not playing regularly at fullback (did nothing special for the entire match as far as I could see), how dangerous Konrad Hurrell was with the ball (again, did basically nothing all game and was dealt with by Hardaker and Manfredi without much fuss) and how much drive Adam Cuthbertson gave Leeds and how his offloads could change the game (did they spot how many times he dropped the ball?).

I was genuinely flabbergasted by how biased the commentary was, it was almost satirical.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

We were somewhat amazed at the commentary. Where's Bill Arthur by the way? Hope he hasn't had a recurrence of his illness - he is the best of the Sky bunch.
Hurrell is one of those incredibly overrated players just because he's BIG. Ditto Fifita and to a lesser degree - Murdoch-Masila. Being big just isn't enough these days - you have to have skill. And I thought Cuthbertson had one of the worst matches imaginable. I thoroughly enjoyed that.
The worst aspect of the commentary was the lack of talk about Leeds' spoiling tactics: lying-on; grabbing the shirt of the tackler; facials and the rest of their usual repertoire. Mostly, we didn't respond, which was key to the victory.
At least Phil Clarke said about Gale's tip tackle that we need to get it right out of the game. It's a coward's attack.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I thought the commentary was fine. Not great, but nothing super annoying. I enjoyed watching a young Wigan pack hold their own against a more experienced Leeds setup and the great tries we scored.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Mike wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:35 pm I thought the commentary was fine. Not great, but nothing super annoying. I enjoyed watching a young Wigan pack hold their own against a more experienced Leeds setup and the great tries we scored.
The commentators are great if you press mute on your remote