THE SCOREBOARD LOOKS CRUEL

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Richymac

Re: THE SCOREBOARD LOOKS CRUEL

Post by Richymac »

Danny McGuire in the studio at half time was such a poor choice. The commentary on the whole wasn’t terrible but needs less sweeping statements. More analysis... Jon Wilkin, Brian Noble, Dave Woods all offer much better insight than most of the Sky lot.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Richymac wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:50 pm Danny McGuire in the studio at half time was such a poor choice. The commentary on the whole wasn’t terrible but needs less sweeping statements. More analysis... Jon Wilkin, Brian Noble, Dave Woods all offer much better insight than most of the Sky lot.
Why ??
I thought he was insightful and added some good punditry without showing any bias (he's at HKR these days, anyway !) and added quality entertainment value. He also gave an update on his mates health, Rob Burrow - nothing wrong with that.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yes, for better or worse, McGuire and Wilkin are probably the best ex-player pundits (yeah I know he's still at Hull KR). However, the commentary itself was entirely centred around the game from Leeds' point of view. And if it was Radio Leeds, I'd say, fair enough. But this is a national broadcaster.

But I watched the brief SLS highlights earlier. For Manfredi's try, Wigan's handling was "as slick as an oilfield"! We don't get compliments like that on Sky! :lol:
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

We do though. They complimented our handling for that try highly and several times.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

Nezza Faz wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:21 pm
Richymac wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:50 pm Danny McGuire in the studio at half time was such a poor choice. The commentary on the whole wasn’t terrible but needs less sweeping statements. More analysis... Jon Wilkin, Brian Noble, Dave Woods all offer much better insight than most of the Sky lot.
Why ??
I thought he was insightful and added some good punditry without showing any bias (he's at HKR these days, anyway !) and added quality entertainment value. He also gave an update on his mates health, Rob Burrow - nothing wrong with that.
I just didn't like his analysis of Briscoe's try. I thought his analysis wasn't as good as Wilkin's has or any of the others that I mentioned. Just my opinion though. I think of it like how I don't watch Piers Morgan on ITV because I don't like his style. Just preference isn't it. Again, merely my opinion.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Mike wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:31 pm We do though. They complimented our handling for that try highly and several times.
Then we'll have agree to differ. They certainly did praise that handling, and rightly so, but the purple prose only seems to come out for Leeds or Saints.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

If you think that commentary is biased any one with Wigan TV watch the Saints v Wigan Good Friday match 2010 the 1st year of Maguire .Eddie and Stevo were so biased at slagging Wigan off and praising Saints it was embarrassing.
Incidentally from that match 11 years ago there is still players playing.
O'Loughlin
Tommy
Sam Tomkins
Joel Tomkins
Micky Mac
Mossop
Roby
Graham
Roby
Wilkin (Toronto)