New Investor

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: New Investor

Post by DaveO »

lucky 13 wrote:The football fans think the Admins are ignoring the Americans because they want the IL bid which is a little conspiracy madness some just don't want the RL to seemingly have won.
They couldn’t do that anyway. They have to secure the best financial deal for the creditors whether that is IL or the yanks.
Dr Zaius

Post by Dr Zaius »

DaveO wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:38 pm
EagleEyePie wrote:He's invested in Lenagan's company, Lenagan Investments Ltd, which owns the club. That means he's not necessarily directly investing in Wigan RL. Given Lenagan is one of the bidders for Latics, I'd assume that Lenagan Investments is the company that would buy Latics if he was successful. He would need someone on board with a fair amount of money to buy Latics so that may well be Danson. The idea was to bring both clubs under one organisation so any investor would inevitably have shares in both clubs.
He’s listed as a beneficial owner of Wigan RL alongside IL and other IL family members. He’s bought 25% stake in the club, not Lenagan Investments.
No he hasn't You're misunderstanding the publicly available data: he's a beneficial owner of Wigan RL Ltd because he's become a beneficial owner of and significant shareholder in its parent company, Lenegan Investments Ltd. The two move in tandem.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:38 pm
EagleEyePie wrote:He's invested in Lenagan's company, Lenagan Investments Ltd, which owns the club. That means he's not necessarily directly investing in Wigan RL. Given Lenagan is one of the bidders for Latics, I'd assume that Lenagan Investments is the company that would buy Latics if he was successful. He would need someone on board with a fair amount of money to buy Latics so that may well be Danson. The idea was to bring both clubs under one organisation so any investor would inevitably have shares in both clubs.
He’s listed as a beneficial owner of Wigan RL alongside IL and other IL family members. He’s bought 25% stake in the club, not Lenagan Investments.

The speculation now is IL will bid for Latics share of the DW and if the administrators sell then that money will reduce Latics debt and thus make them a more attractive buy or put another way, make any money offered for Latics more likely to match what the administrators want.
I wonder, looking towards the future the club would be easier to offload to a potential buyer if they have a stadium to go along with it?

Other than I always say bricks and mortar are a solid investment that wigan RL could end up being the landlords even more enticing prospect maybe.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

DaveO wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:43 pm
lucky 13 wrote:The football fans think the Admins are ignoring the Americans because they want the IL bid which is a little conspiracy madness some just don't want the RL to seemingly have won.
They couldn’t do that anyway. They have to secure the best financial deal for the creditors whether that is IL or the yanks.
Third paragraph of the post you took that snippet from says the same.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

So when are we replacing all the blue seats with red ones 😉
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

https://wiganathletic.com/news/2020/aug ... 24-08-20-/
THE JOINT ADMINISTRATORS WOULD LIKE TO PROVIDE SUPPORTERS WITH THE FOLLOWING UPDATE.
The Joint Administrators are calling a press conference on Thursday 27 August in the morning at a time to be agreed. This will be followed by a Zoom conference for those who cannot attend.

The Supporters Club will be invited to the conference and in the light of all the social media comments on Sunday we are quite happy for 10 members of the supporters club to attend and we will give them a special session to deal with their questions and answer them as far as we can. We stress that they must be members of the Supporters Club and sign in as usual when they get to the ground.

On 1 July 2020, Paul Stanley, Gerald Krasner and Dean Watson of Begbies Traynor were appointed joint administrators. All communications should be c/o Begbies Traynor. Please contact the joint administrators either by phone on 0333 009 6869 or by email at wiganafc@btguk.com[/url]
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Buying the ground is one thing, running it at a profit is not so easy.