Hastings Breaks Covid Rules

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Hastings Breaks Covid Rules

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Hastings Breaks Covid Rules

Post by Mike »

Great efficiency from the RFL. 14 day ban notified after 13 days!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wigan_forever1985

Personally i think the ban should be longer 2-3 months the players know the rules and peoples livelihoods depend on fixtures going ahead
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:04 pm Personally i think the ban should be longer 2-3 months the players know the rules and peoples livelihoods depend on fixtures going ahead
Sadly (because I think he's been dozy rather than evil) I agree. If you don't understand how serious this is for the game and for your fellow humans, then a long spell on the sidelines might be the correct punishment.

Without going into politics, I suppose if certain 'important' people can get away with stuff like this, then it's hard to punish sportsmen unduly.
I hope he gets a serious bollocking from the club and has to apologise to his team-mates.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

He had a picture taken (i think outdoors), stood slightly too lose to someone. Its not a covid super-spreader event is it?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:04 pm Personally i think the ban should be longer 2-3 months the players know the rules and peoples livelihoods depend on fixtures going ahead
Not sure about 2-3 months but definitely 4-6 weeks. For the reasons you stated. Also Jackson is a role model and should be setting a better example.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Richymac wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:30 pm
Not sure about 2-3 months but definitely 4-6 weeks. For the reasons you stated. Also Jackson is a role model and should be setting a better example.
I can’t find any info on what exactly the infringement entailed but Jesus wept both of these seem draconian.
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

Fujiman wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:39 pm
Richymac wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:30 pm
I can’t find any info on what exactly the infringement entailed but Jesus wept both of these seem draconian.
Gotta be cruel to be kind
Wigan_forever1985

My personal views on the whole COVID thing i will not share to save upsetting people but thats not really the issue at hand

I get what Mike is saying its not a massive breach but if anything that makes it more stupid he knows the rules all the players have been briefed all he had to do was stand further apart

Im not trying to get at Hastings here or demonise him and it isnt about what i think about the COVID thing in general but if Rugby League is to survive we need to see out the season and keep the TV revenue ticking over. Everyone has a responsibility in that - and they've laid out rules which they think will help the least the players can do is abide by them or if they aren't going to don't take pictures of themselves breaking the rules

I have to wear a mask whenever i leave the office to another area on site - do i like it, no - but i do it because my employer has asked me to do something that is not unreasonable they deem will help the situation so i would expect to be taken to task for not listening.

thats my view anyway
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

The main issue here, especially if you were say a Leeds fan, would be that for 13 of the 14 days of Hastings "suspension" he's been active. Including playing against Leeds. If this is a Covid prevention suspension and it's only just come to light then fair enough to start from the date of the incident. But if it's a disciplinary issue the suspension would have to start now and be served in full. So I reckon it's a Covid prevention suspension rather than a disciplinary issue.

Anyway, perhaps next time people are going on about how Leeds runs the RFL, we should remember this one which went for us?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐