Hastings Breaks Covid Rules

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wes

Re: Hastings Breaks Covid Rules

Post by Wes »

Richymac wrote:
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:04 pm Personally i think the ban should be longer 2-3 months the players know the rules and peoples livelihoods depend on fixtures going ahead
Not sure about 2-3 months but definitely 4-6 weeks. For the reasons you stated. Also Jackson is a role model and should be setting a better example.

Hate this quote for sportsmen/women.

He’s a role model!

No he’s not he’s a rugby player, parents are role models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Wes

Post by Wes »

Different though as people are hardly going to approach you for pictures etc and where does it end?

I’ve just got back from a long weekend in the lakes, the place was heaving I saw a few Wigan players from time to time (won’t name them) they where going about their business with their other halves etc but people where in close proximity to them due to the nature of how busy it was.

Players have to live normal lives too, going shopping, soon be taking their kids to school, training, ordering takeaways, touching mail, filling their cars etc etc etc there is a Covid risk to everything.

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Wes wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:13 pm Different though as people are hardly going to approach you for pictures etc and where does it end?

I’ve just got back from a long weekend in the lakes, the place was heaving I saw a few Wigan players from time to time (won’t name them) they where going about their business with their other halves etc but people where in close proximity to them due to the nature of how busy it was.

Players have to live normal lives too, going shopping, soon be taking their kids to school, training, ordering takeaways, touching mail, filling their cars etc etc etc there is a Covid risk to everything.

I agree with all of this - like the masks people wear 50% wear incorrect and even those that don’t the average mask has a life span of a couple of hours before it’s actually more of a danger than help but that’s by the by

The fact is the players have been given rules and you’re right they can’t avoid what is essentially a cold forever but stick to the rules you’re given and hope they work

I’ve no issue with players living their lives but having your pic taken not social distancing then sharing it is not clever

I think we just have to finish the season yes players have lives but boxers will do 3 month camps abroad for their profession and that’s how the players need to treat this - let’s just finish the season - and that means giving everything to staying in the guidance
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wes

Post by Wes »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote:
Wes wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:13 pm Different though as people are hardly going to approach you for pictures etc and where does it end?

I agree with all of this - like the masks people wear 50% wear incorrect and even those that don’t the average mask has a life span of a couple of hours before it’s actually more of a danger than help but that’s by the by

The fact is the players have been given rules and you’re right they can’t avoid what is essentially a cold forever but stick to the rules you’re given and hope they work

I’ve no issue with players living their lives but having your pic taken not social distancing then sharing it is not clever

I agree definitely not clever that said we are taking it for granted he’s clever[emoji2357]

I think we just have to finish the season yes players have lives but boxers will do 3 month camps abroad for their profession and that’s how the players need to treat this - let’s just finish the season - and that means giving everything to staying in the guidance
Boxers will do 3 months abroad but it doesn’t mean they are anymore sensible or intelligent they’ll still mingle, take photos receive mail eat out etc etc etc.

Agree with you on the mask thing and also agree that COVID is a whole new topic and I think reading between the lines our opinions on COVID will be similar.

fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

First of all good to see bans being handed out for breaking the rules regarding covid..otherwise what's the point of it all?

Hastings should be banned for the next 2 weeks and not those just gone by, daft thing to do and dont photograph yourself doing it either..

They know the rules,jesus wept we've all had it thrust down our throats about social distancing it applies to all or it least it should do.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Quarentine rules don't apply to the players when we go to France. So maybe they get mixed up about social distancing too?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

Wes wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:07 pm
Richymac wrote:
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:04 pm Personally i think the ban should be longer 2-3 months the players know the rules and peoples livelihoods depend on fixtures going ahead
Not sure about 2-3 months but definitely 4-6 weeks. For the reasons you stated. Also Jackson is a role model and should be setting a better example.

Hate this quote for sportsmen/women.

He’s a role model!

No he’s not he’s a rugby player, parents are role models.

He’s a role model. Ask any kid who loves rugby who their role model is and they will most likely tell you it’s a rugby player. Next.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Crikey it's difficult isn't it?
I think Hastings should have got a longer ban - he knew the rules and the possible impact on the rest of RL.
However, I don't like this role model stuff. Players should be able to live their lives in the way they choose and not how others would like them to. They have the right to be exactly who they want to be.
Everyone has a different slant on life and players should not have to justify their actions or be accountable to one section of society just because they are in the public eye.
I'll go and have a lie down now.
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Role Model?

He's a grade A asshat

There's deffo something wrong with the guy, It's like he's got a strong aversion to any sort of authority along with his supposed dislike of Wigan.

I won't be sorry t o see him go, I get the feeling he would have caused a lot of disruption and trouble at the club this season if it hadn't been for Covid 19
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise