Captains call

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ddtftf

Captains call

Post by ddtftf »

Why have we not adapted the captains challenge to question the ref`s call ????? Maybe because we don't want to embarrass the referees getting it wrong too often. Joking apart i think having watched it in the NRL it adds a lot to the game and avoids blatant bad decisions .
fozzieskem

Re: Captains call

Post by fozzieskem »

ddtftf wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:16 pm Why have we not adapted the captains challenge to question the ref`s call ????? Maybe because we don't want to embarrass the referees getting it wrong too often. Joking apart i think having watched it in the NRL it adds a lot to the game and avoids blatant bad decisions .
If you know the answer why ask the question :lol:

But yes it should be brought in, if this season does get through to the end this is the one to try new things out on.

Has anyone missed scrums?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Problem is that not every game will be televised once crowds are back, so you won't have captains challenge evenly applied. It's the same with the video ref though so I suppose it doesn't matter that much.

I don't miss scrums. I don't like the 30 seconds of milling around though to simulate the break they would have had. I say just get on with it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Mike wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:07 pm Problem is that not every game will be televised once crowds are back, so you won't have captains challenge evenly applied. It's the same with the video ref though so I suppose it doesn't matter that much.

I don't miss scrums. I don't like the 30 seconds of milling around though to simulate the break they would have had. I say just get on with it.
I agree over scrums they’re not missed in my opinion.

You are right about sky not televising games but I’d still go for it if games are filmed for club tv which and just see how it works like I say use this season as a test bed to try new ideas out.

While on the subject of sky did anyone notice they culled a few talking heads from Stellings Saturday afternoon show?

They’re cost cutting that much is clear bad news for sports looking for a new tv deal (and no bt don’t want the sport,nor amazon or other pie in the sky ideas)the next tv deal is going to be gruesome
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I've missed scrums. If we did what they are doing in the NRL and allow the side in possession to choose where it is. It's given them a new lease of life. And any health and safety concerns seem rubbish when they are playing Union with contested scrums.