21-man squad to face Castleford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

21-man squad to face Castleford

Post by josie andrews »

Adrian Lam names 21-man Wigan Warriors squad to face Castleford Tigers in the Betfred Super League.

Warriors make three changes as Tommy Leuluai, Ben Flower and George Burgess replace Mitch Clark, Jack Wells and Joe Burgess.

Wigan Warriors vs Castleford Tigers, Saturday 29th August, Halliwell Jones Stadium, K.O. 4:15pm.

Wigan Warriors Head Coach Adrian Lam has named a 21-man squad to face Castleford Tigers this Saturday in the Betfred Super League.

The Cherry and Whites were scheduled to face Catalans Dragons on Saturday. However, following the announcement on Tuesday night that three Dragons players and one non-playing member of staff had tested positive for Covid-19, Wigan’s opposition had to be reshuffled. Learn more here.

Team news

Adrian Lam has made three changes to the Wigan Warriors 21 from their last outing against Leeds Rhinos.

Tommy Leuluai returns from an ankle injury, Ben Flower comes back from a back injury and George Burgess features after serving a one-match suspension. Mitch Clark, Jack Wells and Joe Burgess miss out.

Ollie Partington isn’t available as he serves out the fourth and final of a four-match ban for a Grade D Dangerous Contact committed against Hull KR in early March.

Sean O’Loughlin remains sidelined following a hamstring injury sustained in training. Oliver Gildart is “potentially one more week away” from a return to action from his shoulder injury – according to Adrian Lam – who spoke on at Wednesday’s virtual press conference.

The Head Coach also commented on the status of forward Tony Clubb, who hasn’t featured since the restart due to a neck injury.

“Tony Clubb, that looks like it may not be good news and could be more long term, we are getting clarification on that.”

1 Zak Hardaker
2. Liam Marshall
3. Chris Hankinson
6. Bevan French
7. Tommy Leuluai
9. Sam Powell
10. George Burgess
11. Willie Isa
12. Liam Farrell
14. Ben Flower
15. Joe Greenwood
16. Morgan Smithies
19. Joe Bullock
20. Liam Byrne
21. Dom Manfredi
23. Jake Bibby
28. Harry Smith
30. Ethan Havard
31. Jackson Hastings
32. Amir Bourouh
33. Joe Shorrocks

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2020/08/ ... astleford/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Blackpool_Pie

Re: 21-man squad to face Castleford

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Disappointed for Mitch Clark
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:34 pm Disappointed for Mitch Clark
Me too, he isn’t being given a chance under Lammy! We have too many players in the same positions IMO 🤨
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

At least he's had a game, I'm more than disappointed for Chris Hankinson getting really messed about by Lam

Not a sniff of a game!! 18th man, more like forgotten man
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:38 pm
Me too, he isn’t being given a chance under Lammy! We have too many players in the same positions IMO 🤨
In the last match though he looked like he'd done 12 rounds with tyson after 5 mins of being on the field he still seems woefully unfit to me along with Burgess
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748

Post by moto748 »

So is this game against Cas going to be on the Ourleague app live, then?
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

moto748 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:38 pm So is this game against Cas going to be on the Ourleague app live, then?

Yes, I think so Moto, it's part of the deal Sky have agreed with the Clubs to have this access for Season Ticket Holders. Same goes I should imagine with Wigan TV and obviously is live on Sky itself.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Nezza Faz wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:00 pm
moto748 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:38 pm So is this game against Cas going to be on the Ourleague app live, then?

Yes, I think so Moto, it's part of the deal Sky have agreed with the Clubs to have this access for Season Ticket Holders. Same goes I should imagine with Wigan TV and obviously is live on Sky itself.
It won’t be live on Wigan TV
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

The whole Leeds match not just the highlights was on Wigan tv the day after.