21-man squad to face Castleford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wormburner

Re: 21-man squad to face Castleford

Post by Wormburner »

morley pie eater wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:53 pm
Wormburner wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:43 pm Is Hastings just here to take the piss :evil:
.. there's your answer in that pass to put Faz clear :D
He needs to cut the arsery out of his game, It was embarrassing at the beginning of the game
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Smith to 7 or we could lose this.......tommy has zero creativity at 7.....its the same every time......on the french thing, hes not had any offers from the nrl imo...... defence rules over there
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Rather fortunate penalty there, I thought.
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

Wormburner wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:25 pm
Wormburner wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:43 pm Is Hastings just here to take the piss :evil:
He needs to cut the arsery out of his game, It was embarrassing at the beginning of the game
With the exception of his break and pass to faz what else has he contributed so far
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Faz! :D
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

jackthelad wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:46 pm
Wormburner wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:25 pm

With the exception of his break and pass to faz what else has he contributed so far
Apart from 2 assists, a couple of crucial tackles near our try line (one on Watts), what have the Romans ever done for us?
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Pretty pleased with that. I thought Tommy went OK, actually, and Harry Smith was worth it just for the 40/20! :D

Good effort from Bullock, Havard and Flower. G. Burgess, was he playing?
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

morley pie eater wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:04 pm I moved from Hindley to Yorkshire 54 years ago. Always called them moaning so-and-so's over here. Some of the posters on this site make me think I've been wrong all these years - they can out-moan a Yorkshire mon any day.
Now Morley you need to read the Rhinos website to see how their fans react to their players.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

moto748 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:24 pm Pretty pleased with that. I thought Tommy went OK, actually, and Harry Smith was worth it just for the 40/20! :D

Good effort from Bullock, Havard and Flower. G. Burgess, was he playing?
Don't recall him GB first half, 2nd half made one attempt to bring the ball out, looked done after that, lasted 7 mins

Unbelievable, if he is still injured or not fit why is Lam playing him?
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

Some real positives to take from our pack. Havard was absolutely outstanding as he has been all season. For such a young player to play 80 minutes against a tough pack of forwards, with such an big work rate, is really impressive. But for him to not just cope but excel and be the best prop on the pitch, that is something special. I suppose we have to make the most of this while we can, as he'll be off to the NRL in no time and I doubt we'll see anything close to his best in a Wigan shirt.

Farrell is hands down the best back rower in Super League. The pack is an area where we have plenty of options but if we lost Farrell we'd struggle to compete for trophies. He's that good and that important to us.

Joe Bullock had one of his best games and he deserved to top it off with a try. We've always known we needed a strong running prop in the side and since the restart he's been filling that role well. His defence has been improving too. A real promising performance.

I was also impressed with Flower given that was his first game in a while so he'll be lacking match fitness. His technique in defence is second to none and he makes some smart runs in attack. If he can remain fit he can have a real positive influence on the team before he leaves.

The negatives. George Burgess again looked our worst prop by a distance. There's an occasional strong carry in his game, but we get very little from him in attack and he looks unfit and lacking mobility in defence. Maybe Lam is just trying to get him minutes and improve his match fitness, but at what point does it become an unnecessary weakening of the team to keep picking him. I hope we haven't included a clause in his contract where he's guaranteed to be selected if fit, because if the Grand Final was played tomorrow there's no way he'd deserve to be in the side.

Lam deserves some credit for his tactical switches. Bringing Smith on and moving Hastings to hooker, or at least that loosely defined hooker/lock role, made a real impact. He made some smart decisions from dummy half, was willing to run with the ball while Powell showed some smart playmaking touches. Smith isn't the sort of player you'd expect to make an impact off the bench so he was a little quiet but his 40/20 was such an important contribution and showed the quality of his kicking. He's more than earned his place in the starting 17 and will hopefully continue to improve as the year goes on.