Flower power

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Alovepie

Flower power

Post by Alovepie »

Ben flower was outstanding for Wigan along with Bullock They added some proper grunt up front Which has been missing for a while imo. Hopefully George Burgess will take a leaf out of there book and do the same and show us why he’s an England international. The young guns were solid as ever but still need some old heads to guide them yet. And Joe burgess was class on his come back too. Good win against cas :D :D
morley pie eater

Re: Flower power

Post by morley pie eater »

George Burgess is showing us why he's a former England international.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
superleague

Post by superleague »

George Burgess is showing us how he's finished as a player
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Highly doubt we are going to see Burgess anything like he was playing in the NRL.

If it’s fitness / injury related, why aren’t we seeing glimpses ? He looks finished.

Surely all of the time off due to Covid should have been enough to get the “hip injury” better and his fitness back up to speed?

I am sure it was mentioned on here he had an existing hip injury before he came here and it was a bad one. If so, why did we sign him?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

George was playing better than Tom this season before his ban, so its a bit of a mystery. Needs sorting soon as we could potentially go for Thompson ?

Flower went OK, Joe Burgess likewise.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I thought Flower was ok, rather than very good, though I am not a fan so may be slightly biased. Certainly not a weak link, but not in the Havard or Bullock class. I hope he finds a new club (or that he goes to Toronto if they come back). Despite the damage he did to us as a club, he seems like a decent pro when he is fit.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

If the rumours are right a large part of the Salery cap is going on SOL and Burgess and we aren't getting getting value for money at the moment
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Lockers is a dead weight to the club and is tarnishing his reputation by insisting on remaining a player when he was finished 2 years ago
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I have flower in all day before burgess. Always puts in a shift(unlike burgess who averages a run a game and seems to struggle in defence).
If burgess is one of the top earners he needs to get in shape soo we rather than later as he taking up SC space which could go to someone who will make a difference
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Barney841 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:53 pm I have flower in all day before burgess. Always puts in a shift(unlike burgess who averages a run a game and seems to struggle in defence).
If burgess is one of the top earners he needs to get in shape soo we rather than later as he taking up SC space which could go to someone who will make a difference
Burgess has had about 5 months of lockdown to get in shape. Exercise has never once been banned. He could have been out cycling, jogging, doing sprints, hills the lot.

No excuses unless it’s related to this hip injury? Then the question is why did the club sign him? Why isn’t it resolved by now ? And why do we keep giving him these 10 minute intervals?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."