Catalans away

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
widdenoldboy

Re: Catalans away

Post by widdenoldboy »

morley pie eater wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:05 pm Great first half performance. We were lucky with the forward pass but Maloney should have been penalised for numerous head-high shots. The one as Gildart scored could have be an 8 pointer.
Defo, I'm wondering if Maloney can tackle below the eyebrows today.
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

Let a couple in late on but that was very positive. Going to France and getting a win in the heat after last week is brilliant. Powell was super and Greenwood stood out for me. Hastings also looking to connect well with Tommy.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Great team performance. Zak worth a mention, and (Joe) Burgess. Pleased to see Greenwood do so well as I was worried that he'd never get back to this level. Nice to have Partington back
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Sam Powell! :D

Good hands from Havard there.

I did spot tubby boy's cameo. There looks little point in persisting with him. Shorrocks again looks confident in the first team.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

jackthelad wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:40 pm Did anyone notice George Burgess's little cameo appearance, he is not well that lad and i fear he is done
Yeh, third man hit him late and on the hip, same thing happened in his last game with the same result :cry:
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Did George Burgess manage 3 minutes or just 2?
I thought he was limping and rubbing his thigh after the first collision. Time to lay him off and him and the Club to cash in the insurance, if it isn't invalid because we insured him knowing he was already crocked?
Two marquee spots open next year. Gildart excellent as were all our young forwards.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:54 pm Is it me or have we played 10 mins extra each have????

The timer is currently 86 mins

The first half went to 50 too - no mention from the commentators
We played 5 mins extra in first half due to stoppage through the referees mike.

Second half...... anyone’s guess
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

The clock on the score board was correct, shame we couldn’t see it. Think the issue was more with the French broadcaster not stopping in on the live video feed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Good win, Decent score, Nowt really to moan about except the lack of atmosphere whch can't really be helped
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I missed it due to holiday plane...... did they end up having a crowd and were they good tries?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE