Catalans away

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Catalans away

Post by Mike »

Too expensive Pedro.

We should be playing everything at one ground as you said, it would be cheaper and potentially safer, but due to real world compromises with teams about fairness concerns vs costs vs covid protocols we're not. Unfortunately simple "common sense" again hits the real world and we are where we are.

Perhaps if you were in control everyone would be playing at home with fans because you did a better job and you're right to complain. But I don't think that's even slightly realistic, so I'm not angry about the imperfect situation we're in.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Mike wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:26 am Dave. Is the whole leagues policy not to get fans back into stadia as soon as possible? They've said that many, many times. So this is totally consistent with the whole games policy. In fact, and this one's for Pedro, we should move all the games to France if sky would fund coverage and have fans at them all, but unfortunately sky are very unlikely to find the money for that.

I guess that when crowds are allowed back in Wigan if there is a second wave in France that shuts down stadia over there which is a totally possible scenario, Dave will be lobbying for empty grounds across the league for consistency's sake!

It seems like a strange stance to decide that removing income from the game when all other sports are trying to recover as much as possible it is the right move for the sport right now, in the name or some imaginary policy that catalans are breaching.
👏👏👏
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Looks like the 5k fans might not happen if the French bring in new regs today!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Mike wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:33 pm Looks like the 5k fans might not happen if the French bring in new regs today!
If it doesnt then it will be pointless..... think we should just stick to one ground at a time until we get some normality....... it is a bit unfair on the cats, but, it was also unfair when they could have an endless supply of nrl signings
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Lockers has had to pull out after a family member tested positive for COVID-19

https://twitter.com/wiganwarriorsrl/sta ... 29537?s=21
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Team off Twitter
French
Manfredi
Hardaker
Gildart
Burgess
Hastings
Leleui
Bullock
Powell
Havard
Farrell
Isa
Partington
SUBS
G Burgess
Greenwood
Jo Shorrocks
Smith
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Hopefully we will see some link up play from a familiar combination of Farrell, Gildart & Burgess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Isn't it odd touch judges see every forward pass when there are no spectators but as soon as crowds come back,........
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Well they didn't see that one.. forward a mile, really poor decision.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

That is how we need to defend week in week out.
Good play for french try