CROWDS SET TO RETURN TO SUPER LEAGUE

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the pieman

Re: CROWDS SET TO RETURN TO SUPER LEAGUE

Post by the pieman »

jaws1 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:15 am Cant see it happening at all if the R number keeps rising its going the roof at the moment. Is it just a co-incidence that since the schools went back the infection has risen when the pubs and restaurant's opened there was no massive jump. Kids don't show symptoms they go home pass it to their parents who spread the virus. Know of 3 schools that are affected in Wigan.
my daughter sent home today with all of year11 at the school she attends and not back in until 29th Sept
BostonWarrior

Post by BostonWarrior »

The 9,000+ season ticket holders will not, of course, all live in the Wigan borough.

If the 1,000 are selected by a ballot of season ticket holders, will those who live within an area that has a local lock-down be excluded? More areas have had local lock-downs announced today, and not all areas have exactly the same rules and restrictions.

I, for instance, live in the Bolton borough, and whilst actually attending a test event in another town might not be specified as not being allowed, certainly things involved in my usual match-day would be.

Would travelling to a Rugby League match be a justifiable reason for travelling, even if it only 15 miles door-to-door?

If all three of us were amongst the 1,000 selected, certainly my usual 'car share' of picking up two friends who live in the Wigan borough wouldn't be allowed under Bolton's restrictions.

So, in order not to 'tempt' fans to break any of the rules and restrictions they are supposed to be following according to where they live, is it going to be the responsibility of the clubs to ensure they remove any such temptation by excluding fans living in a local lock-down area from the ballots.

And, if not, that then leads to another question which would also pertain to Wigan borough based supporters. How would tickets allocated to supporters who don't want to / can't attend be dealt with? A system would need to be in place to ensure we don't see 1,000 tickets allocated but, say, only 800 supporters turn up.
Born in : BOSTON, Warriors Season Ticket : BOSTON STAND
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I think it looks like the whole UK will be under more serious lock-down by end of Sept.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Mike wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:23 pm I think it looks like the whole UK will be under more serious lock-down by end of Sept.
I’d be amazed if it’s not tbh,certainly with the PM now saying a second wave is inevitable,Merseyside (including St. Helens)on local lockdown from Tuesday as it is so this trial is looking decidedly dodgy to get the go ahead
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:24 pm
wall_of_voodoo wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:49 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:36 pm Now Wigan is on red alert for the virus I wonder what chance it has of going ahead?
https://www.wigan.gov.uk/Docs/PDF/Resid ... acker.pdf
In the 7 days 5th– 11th September, Wigan had 151 new cases identified
Wigan, with a population of just over 100,000, has 151 new cases which is equivalent to 0.0015% of all pie-eaters in town. I would love to know how that is a "red alert"

On a side note. Anyone with health problem should be barred from the trial games for their own protection - let's throw that suggestion into the mix
Sod off 😠
Surely anyone with health issues wouldnt be daft enough to go anyway
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

ManxWarrior wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:23 pm Does anybody have a season ticket anymore? I was under the impression that the Season Ticket options (refund or donation) covered all potential future games so that any match tickets would need to be purchased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats how i see it also. Surely by doing either of those options mean you have forfeited your season ticket for this year
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

michael inch stoke wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:14 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:24 pm
wall_of_voodoo wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:49 pm

https://www.wigan.gov.uk/Docs/PDF/Resid ... acker.pdf

Wigan, with a population of just over 100,000, has 151 new cases which is equivalent to 0.0015% of all pie-eaters in town. I would love to know how that is a "red alert"

On a side note. Anyone with health problem should be barred from the trial games for their own protection - let's throw that suggestion into the mix
Sod off 😠
Surely anyone with health issues wouldnt be daft enough to go anyway
They’ll probably be the safest people to be allowed in as they will have been extra careful 😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

We are good to go when our tickets arrive. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked