SINGLETON SIGNS

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

SINGLETON SIGNS

Post by josie andrews »

SINGLETON SIGNS | @WiganWarriorsRL have completed the immediate signing of Toronto Wolfpack prop forward Brad Singleton on a three-year deal.

https://twitter.com/wiganwarriorsrl/sta ... 79552?s=21
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Re: SINGLETON SIGNS

Post by fozzieskem »

Given Burgess is looking long term he’s a good solid signing
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Brad Singleton signs for Wigan

Wigan Warriors have completed the immediate signing of Toronto Wolfpack prop forward Brad Singleton on a three-year deal.

The 27-year-old Cumbrian has put pen to paper at the DW Stadium until the end of 2023 and will join the first team squad for training next week.

Singleton started his rugby league career at Leeds Rhinos in 2011 and went on to play 178 games with the Headingley club.

The Irish international was part of Leeds’ 2015 treble-winning season – becoming a Challenge Cup, League Leaders’ Shield and Super League Grand Final winner.

He featured in the 2015 Grand Final win over Wigan at Old Trafford and two years later became a double Super League champion after victory over Castleford Tigers.

During his nine-year tenure at the Rhinos, the Cumbrian had short loan spells at Dewsbury Rams, Wakefield Trinity and Featherstone Rovers, as well as playing on dual registration at Hunslet.

In 2020, Singleton joined Toronto and made four appearances for the Canadian outfit – including the Round 4 fixture against the Warriors at the DW Stadium in February.

Wigan Warriors executive director, Kris Radlinski, said: “With the end of season deadline fast approaching next week, we have taken the opportunity to strengthen the squad for the final and most difficult third of the season.

“It’s fair to say that Brad has been on our radar for many years. We have long admired his uncompromising style and have always felt that he was a Wigan style of forward.

“The opportunity presented itself due to the unfortunate circumstances at Toronto. Brad has been training alone so the intensity of his training won’t be where it needs to be yet, so the priority is to integrate him into our squad early next week and build up his workload.

“From my conversations with Brad, I was incredibly impressed with his manner, his intelligence and his desire to win more trophies. He already has an impressive CV with trophy wins under his belt and we expect a second spike with more trophies to follow. I think he will be a quality addition to our pack and a great mentor for some of our younger guys.

“I was talking to John Bateman a few days ago and he was full of compliments for Brad saying that he will be really good for us. The prospect of those two playing alongside each other, in addition to an already competitive set of forwards, is an exciting prospect.”

On signing for Wigan, Singleton, said: “It’s a pleasure to be here. Things didn’t go as planned with Toronto so there was a case where I needed to look for another club and with Wigan interested, I was ready to sign.

“ I’ve been around Super League for a quite a long time now and I’ve always envied the way this camp played rugby. They’ve got massive history and the badge weighs more with responsibility.

“There are performances expected from a certain type of Wigan player and I hope I can do that justice.

“I’m champing at the bit and I’m ready to give my all for this Club. My main aim is to compliment this group and earn the respect of the lads.”

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2020/09/ ... for-wigan/
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

He had his first “Wigan Selfie” with me on 21st August 😂
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Tony Clubb to be released end of 2020 anyone? No chance of Benny signing a new one year deal now.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:17 am Tony Clubb to be released end of 2020 anyone? No chance of Benny signing a new one year deal now.

He's in talks over a 1 year contract now. think I mentioned it on a different thread last week.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:05 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:17 am Tony Clubb to be released end of 2020 anyone? No chance of Benny signing a new one year deal now.

He's in talks over a 1 year contract now. think I mentioned it on a different thread last week.
He desrves one to take him up to 10 years with the Club and a testimonial.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:57 am He had his first “Wigan Selfie” with me on 21st August 😂
Shameless Hussie you are Josie. SoL doing his best to get fit and play again for you and you have already moved on to a new favourite.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ian.birchall wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:48 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:57 am He had his first “Wigan Selfie” with me on 21st August 😂
Shameless Hussie you are Josie. SoL doing his best to get fit and play again for you and you have already moved on to a new favourite.
Nah! Never, it will always be Sol 😍
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

ian.birchall wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:45 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:05 pm

He desrves one to take him up to 10 years with the Club and a testimonial.
Couldn't agree more! I think considering he is the wrong side of 30 and hasn't had great luck with injuries of late, he still gives 100% when he plays!