Wigan v hull

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mickw

Re: Wigan v hull

Post by Mickw »

We've found a bit of team spirit since hkr,maybe a few home truths may have been spoken who knows but we're alot better now.
That said ,that was tough despite the scoreline, physically that was tough for our lads,top effort.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Will the Saints game on 30th still be on, plus the semi 3 days later? If so, it'll be a tough ask, especially given our injuries and suspensions - and that Saints don't have a cup game to play. :lol:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Should we prioritise, if so which one ?
Forever Warrior

Post by Forever Warrior »

Firstly, that was a solid “team” performance. Everyone turned up. No weak links, we seemed to have a low error count and generally good discipline. If we come out of the Wakefield game with no injuries I would be tempted to rest one or two key players against Saints. It’s clear that those members of the squad who are not guaranteed starters will work their socks off for the team. This squad is also capable of beating any team on its day in the play offs. We’ve not won the challenge cup for 7 years. It’s one of the two recognised major trophies. We need to make the most of this opportunity.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

In years gone by we have seen the challenge as a club backed it and won em both.
Maybe things are different these days but we always beat
wire in finals ,I'd go fu on.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Wormburner wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:37 pm That Sam Powells not a bad player
What has happened to this lad? He looked an alright player for quite a while but he’s really stepped it up a gear and he’s now one of the most influential player in the team.
My dads always like him. I hate it when he’s right!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote:You can only beat what’s in front of you,Hull aren’t brilliant and have t been for a couple of years so while I never like saying it I expected a Wigan win
I thought we might have struggled against the size of their team so I am very happy with that. I’d have been very annoyed at some of their tackling if Wigan had been guilty of it but then we ran some nice lines to wrong foot them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:23 pm
fozzieskem wrote:You can only beat what’s in front of you,Hull aren’t brilliant and have t been for a couple of years so while I never like saying it I expected a Wigan win
I thought we might have struggled against the size of their team so I am very happy with that. I’d have been very annoyed at some of their tackling if Wigan had been guilty of it but then we ran some nice lines to wrong foot them.
Hull are the one team I just dont rate..full of big players sure but after that? all the guile of a man with hands of butter.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I thought it was a great performance. Solid defence and some exciting attack. We'd have beaten most teams I reckon. Nice to see more metres being made without the need for early kicks too, gives us lots more flexibility in tactics.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:39 pm
Wormburner wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:37 pm That Sam Powells not a bad player
Nah..worst ever,shouldn’t ever play etc,etc,etc😀
If he carries on playing like he has been the last few games then I will be happy to hold me hands up, It looks like he's finally shook off the Shaun Wane way of doing things, Lamies way suits him better, Long may it continue :D