saints game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: saints game

Post by medlocke »

pedro wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:04 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:23 pm
Wintergreen wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:12 pm If we played our "first" team, we would lose. Probably badly.

Put the kids in, let them play with no pressure, no expectation and at the very least they would get experience.

And, you never know, they might surprise Saints (and us!) :lol:
With our current lack of pack id agree however warrington showed that saints are not all that, they dont handle being on the back foot at all.
true but we dont have a pack to do that
But we have a rested Lockers
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

medlocke wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:09 pm
pedro wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:04 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:23 pm

With our current lack of pack id agree however warrington showed that saints are not all that, they dont handle being on the back foot at all.
true but we dont have a pack to do that
But we have a rested Lockers
Rightly so.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

I'm actually looking forward to this game as strange as that sounds. Everyone expecting our young side to get an absolute thumping based on the squad, but I'm thinking maybe, pressure off, let the lads play a little. Some of the more experienced forwards will be playing for their spot in the cup game so will have an extra incentive. One could only wish this sort of game where we are underdogs was in front of a packed out ground though, as I could imagine that could/would inspire the lads to push even further.
Either way I'm looking forward to seeing some of the young lads really test themselves, who knows? Maybe some complacency may creep into the Saints camp. Pressure on them really as they're expected to beat us well.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:44 am I'm actually looking forward to this game as strange as that sounds. Everyone expecting our young side to get an absolute thumping based on the squad, but I'm thinking maybe, pressure off, let the lads play a little. Some of the more experienced forwards will be playing for their spot in the cup game so will have an extra incentive. One could only wish this sort of game where we are underdogs was in front of a packed out ground though, as I could imagine that could/would inspire the lads to push even further.
Either way I'm looking forward to seeing some of the young lads really test themselves, who knows? Maybe some complacency may creep into the Saints camp. Pressure on them really as they're expected to beat us well.
really looking forward to seeing our youngsters,especially hanley as ive not seen him play yet unfortunately
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

It’s good to see the young lads play but personally I’d go for a strong team. I k ow we’ve got a lot of games coming but I hate getting beat by saints!
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Just seen the team Christ that is young. Hope saints don’t put a full team out
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Barney841 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:06 pm Just seen the team Christ that is young. Hope saints don’t put a full team out
i expect a good amount of our fans will be happy if we play well tonite,then beat leeds....... if we get hammered tonight ,then lose to leeds,we wont be a happy bunch....... its lose lose for lammy unless he pulls off a minor miracle 🤞
jobo

Post by jobo »

jobo wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:26 pm Rogues Gallery posted on the other site, 20th challenge cup in the year 2020. That'll do for me.

Don't exactly agree that we should throw the Sts game but would hope for a repeat of that famous boxing day win.
😱😱 Edit, I meant Good Friday game when Kev Brown and a good few young players had to cover injuries.
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

It’s just funny to hear all the saints fans getting upset that we’re not taking it serious.

At the end of the day If we loose, we loose. I like most are happy to see these young lads get some much needed SL experience
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

jobo wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:16 pm
jobo wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:26 pm Rogues Gallery posted on the other site, 20th challenge cup in the year 2020. That'll do for me.

Don't exactly agree that we should throw the Sts game but would hope for a repeat of that famous boxing day win.
😱😱 Edit, I meant Good Friday game when Kev Brown and a good few young players had to cover injuries.
is that when luke robinson scored a hatrick?