saints game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jobo

Re: saints game

Post by jobo »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:23 pm
jobo wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:16 pm
jobo wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:26 pm Rogues Gallery posted on the other site, 20th challenge cup in the year 2020. That'll do for me.

Don't exactly agree that we should throw the Sts game but would hope for a repeat of that famous boxing day win.
😱😱 Edit, I meant Good Friday game when Kev Brown and a good few young players had to cover injuries.
is that when luke robinson scored a hatrick?
Don't think he played. It was 2003, Sts with a full squad were odds on to whack us but they didn't 😁
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

jobo wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:32 pm
Firestarter wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:23 pm

😱😱 Edit, I meant Good Friday game when Kev Brown and a good few young players had to cover injuries.
is that when luke robinson scored a hatrick?
Don't think he played. It was 2003, Sts with a full squad were odds on to whack us but they didn't 😁
memory not brill but i do remember us getting walloped at half time and then winning it with a weakened team...... was great to reply to all the “hahaha” texts i had at half time....... hopefully same tonight
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Big stick wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:20 pm It’s just funny to hear all the saints fans getting upset that we’re not taking it serious.

At the end of the day If we loose, we loose. I like most are happy to see these young lads get some much needed SL experience
They are the biggest culprits for, They always put out weakened teams before important matches
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

jobo wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:26 pm Rogues Gallery posted on the other site, 20th challenge cup in the year 2020. That'll do for me.

Don't exactly agree that we should throw the Sts game but would hope for a repeat of that famous boxing day win.
Stevo gave the whole team a man of the match watch came from behind to win.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

The 2003 side was this:

Wigan: Briscoe, Carney, Aspinwall, Johnson, Whittle, O'Loughlin, Lam, O'Connor, Newton, C Smith, Bibey, Tickle, M Smith. Substitutes: D Sculthorpe, Allen, Brown, Roberts.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

jaws1 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:58 pm

Stevo gave the whole team a man of the match watch came from behind to win.
Thought it was just kevin Brown
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:25 pm The 2003 side was this:

Wigan: Briscoe, Carney, Aspinwall, Johnson, Whittle, O'Loughlin, Lam, O'Connor, Newton, C Smith, Bibey, Tickle, M Smith. Substitutes: D Sculthorpe, Allen, Brown, Roberts.
I remember that match - it was wonderful.
What happened to that bloke Lam? He obviously didn't fancy coaching as a post-playing career.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Well we got loads out and still we play this knob of a ref......wigan 0 BENT ailer 10..... mile forward pass leading up to there first and then a player in mid air is deemed to have taken the kicker out...... he clearly tties to defend himself...... oh well carry on regardless...... i really hate this refs blatant bias
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Ive turned it off now.

Experience for the youngsters... rubbish it can only knock their confidence.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

Surely Walmesly went against the natural knee bend then!