Lam hints O’Loughlin contract extension

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Lam hints O’Loughlin contract extension

Post by medlocke »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:26 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:07 pm So what you keep a player 2-3 years past his best going for 20-30% of matches (which by the way you cant pick he is injured for finals too)

The problem youre talking about us having is the problem with keeping players who are past their best going, if lockers and tommy had gone end of last season like they both should have we'd have 2 replacements now with a year under their belt for if french and hastings do go to minimise the disruption
It’s not up to me but if where the coach and a player,who clearly commands the dressing room then yea if he felt he could do it again,even for 15/20 games it’s be worth the risk.

Lockers is clearly an almost supernatural presence in the minds of his teams mates and it matters not what you or I think of him but the blokes who play week in and week out with him,you simply can’t replace what he brings to the table.
2 or 3 penalties a game
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:26 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:07 pm So what you keep a player 2-3 years past his best going for 20-30% of matches (which by the way you cant pick he is injured for finals too)

The problem youre talking about us having is the problem with keeping players who are past their best going, if lockers and tommy had gone end of last season like they both should have we'd have 2 replacements now with a year under their belt for if french and hastings do go to minimise the disruption
It’s not up to me but if where the coach and a player,who clearly commands the dressing room then yea if he felt he could do it again,even for 15/20 games it’s be worth the risk.

Lockers is clearly an almost supernatural presence in the minds of his teams mates and it matters not what you or I think of him but the blokes who play week in and week out with him,you simply can’t replace what he brings to the table.
ok looking at this point over the past 4 years

In superleague games we won with him playing
2017 - 58%
2018 - 75%
2019 - 52%
2020 - 50%

Im not sure that backs up the bold comment
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Fan4Fifty wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:09 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:24 am Ahhh the old "the coaches see something in him argument"

SOL is done - he's a burden to the squad, even if he plays well a few times he is still a burden because we wont move on fully and bed in a full time replacement until he leaves and we are also paying him to watch most games from the stand - and to be quite frank I hope he isn't going anywhere near the first team in terms of coaching otherwise that's a joke.
Coaches are judged by results - correct? Team-mates enjoy winning - correct? So they are all pretty stupid if they pick/enjoy playing alongside a guy who contributes nothing, or worse in some people's opinion, actually detracts from the team effort. Of course SOL is near the end of his career, but he still has abilities that no one else in our team has and I think he deserves a lot more respect than he gets in some quarters.
This isnt something that is just a lockers issue - Paul Sculthorpe went round too many times for saints, he even admits it now that he shouldnt have been making the team but coaches will put big names out there beyond when they should
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Poor decision.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Can’t believe what I’ve just heard, O’Loughlin rested! He’s only played one game!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Barney841 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:22 pm Can’t believe what I’ve just heard, O’Loughlin rested! He’s only played one game!
You couldn't make it up
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

3 games in 9 days.

If he plays 2 out of 3 will it still be a joke?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:12 pm 3 games in 9 days.

If he plays 2 out of 3 will it still be a joke?
3 games in 9 day’s? Don’t Think he’s played that many games this season
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

He needs to play in one, the semi-final.