21-man squad vs Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: 21-man squad vs Wakefield

Post by fozzieskem »

How anyone can criticise Bibby with that beard of his well I despair.

The man wouldn’t be out of place as a lumberjack
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Selected stats:

Powell: 62 tackles (mostly 3rd man obvs :D )
Partington: 62 tackles.
Faz: 42 tackles, 228 metres.
Havard: 49 tackles.
Shorrocks: 42 tackles.
Hastings: 23 tackles, 146 metres from 27 carries.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I am a bit startled about the comments on Bibby. After what I saw last night, that right flank should never be put on the field again. Granted, Johnstone is a class act but a not very good Wakefield side took one look at the the flanks and decided that there was only one place to attack. Players were perpetually caught out of position in defence; Hardaker is wasted at centre and Farrell spent most of the second half fire-fighting on the right side of defence. The low point was seeing Bibby pushed into touch from yards away from the touchline. Apart from one excellent last-ditch try-saving tackle, I'm afraid Bibby just looked out of his depth and I do understand that playing on the right isn't natural for him.
We weren't helped by a referee having a truly awful match and by a coach whose contribution seemed to consist of holding his head in his hands when things went wrong.
Let's assume that we've got that match out of our system and we can play better because we're going to have to in the next two matches. There were a lot of plusses - Farrell (as ever), Gildart, Burgess, French (in attack) and others but if we put that right side defence up against Saints............................