Semi-final team

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Semi-final team

Post by Charriots Offiah »

All being well on the injury and Covid fronts, I think that the vast majority of the team picks itself. I believe that the following will make the 17: French, Manfredi, Hardaker, Gildart, Burgess, Tommy, Hastings, Havard, Powell, Partington, Faz, Isa, Lockers, Smith and Shorrocks. The other two spots are up for grabs.
You would think that Greenwood should be in, based on recent form and then one from Flower, Byrne and Bullock.
ian.birchall

Re: Semi-final team

Post by ian.birchall »

Unfortunately I don't think Manfredi will be there. Looking at him last week after his head injury I think it could be a few weeks before he passes any concussion tests.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Please not Bibby on the wing again...
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I would have Bullock to start, and Greenwood on the bench. I don’t rate Partington as more than a lightweight tackler, but he isn’t a massively weak link. I am beginning to think that Shorrocks is more effective, as he seems to dent the line. So one or other of Partington and Shorrocks on the bench.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Bullock has a broken hand!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

josie andrews wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:40 pm Bullock has a broken hand!
He has but I think he may play.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Just put Lockers in, He will win all while donning his superman cape, As long as he's finished his nap :D
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:47 am I would have Bullock to start, and Greenwood on the bench. I don’t rate Partington as more than a lightweight tackler, but he isn’t a massively weak link. I am beginning to think that Shorrocks is more effective, as he seems to dent the line. So one or other of Partington and Shorrocks on the bench.
Ollie Partington 62 tackles and 123 metres last night, lightweight?
Charriots Offiah

No straw damn us wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:16 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:47 am I would have Bullock to start, and Greenwood on the bench. I don’t rate Partington as more than a lightweight tackler, but he isn’t a massively weak link. I am beginning to think that Shorrocks is more effective, as he seems to dent the line. So one or other of Partington and Shorrocks on the bench.
Ollie Partington 62 tackles and 123 metres last night, lightweight?
He’s nailed on to play. He also played for an hour uninterrupted. It is easy to see what he brings to the team and it is noticeable that our defence has improved since his return. Partington and Havard are our best props.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

French
Manfredi Hardaker Gildart Burgess
Hastings Leuluai
Havard Powell Partington
Isa Farrell Lockers

Subs
Bullock Greenwood Shorrocks Smith