Saints squad

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Saints squad

Post by Caboosegg »

First game i can watch that i might give a miss. I find televised matches stressful to watch as you see stuff youd miss at the match and despite understanding the reasons (dont agree with them though) throwing a match is a insult to Saints snd fans.

The RFL need to give there heads a wobble, lockdown Britain, derby match this could have been a good match with a captive audience instead anyone landing on the channel while flicking through is almost certainly going to see a whitewash.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

A few days ago it was posted that Lam hadn't a contract with us for next season. He knows like we all do that it would enhance his chances if he were to get us to a final let alone win one.
This coming week there are two games with one a semi final, it is hardly a surprise that he will save his best players for the semi. He may play the likes of Bullock, Flower and Greenwood as they are short of game time.
I don't like the idea of a weakened team v Saints but I can fully understand the reasons why.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:16 pm First game i can watch that i might give a miss. I find televised matches stressful to watch as you see stuff youd miss at the match and despite understanding the reasons (dont agree with them though) throwing a match is a insult to Saints snd fans.

The RFL need to give there heads a wobble, lockdown Britain, derby match this could have been a good match with a captive audience instead anyone landing on the channel while flicking through is almost certainly going to see a whitewash.
Your right the RFL are to blame for this. I’ve written the game off but at least our young guns will appreciate what it is like to play at SL level. Further down the track this may be an inspired, if somewhat an undesired move.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

If we need someone to blame for the fixtures, I think it's more accurate to blame Covid.

The clubs accepted that they may have to play 3 fixtures in a week or so, but had little choice when survival is at stake, not just for individual clubs but the professional game.

In the long run, it matters less who wins the derby or who wins the cup, than whether RL reaches its 130th birthday.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
jobo

Post by jobo »

morley pie eater wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:40 am If we need someone to blame for the fixtures, I think it's more accurate to blame Covid.

The clubs accepted that they may have to play 3 fixtures in a week or so, but had little choice when survival is at stake, not just for individual clubs but the professional game.

In the long run, it matters less who wins the derby or who wins the cup, than whether RL reaches its 130th birthday.
Think that's a fair summary of our current situation.

The survival of professional RL is paramount.
Charriots Offiah

morley pie eater wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:40 am If we need someone to blame for the fixtures, I think it's more accurate to blame Covid.

I agree it does but that doesn’t detract from the ludicrous decision to play a game 3/4 days before a semi-final.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:33 pm Referee is Ben Thaler
Josie, surely you mean Bent Haler, I still remember that Leeds 'accidental' knock on in the Cup.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

ian.birchall wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:13 pm
Josie, surely you mean Bent Haler, I still remember that Leeds 'accidental' knock on in the Cup.
I get him mixed up with Bent Ham, Ian. Appropriate (or unfortunate?) names for referees, a bit like the authors of books like "Walk the Plank by Hugo First" etc.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

morley pie eater wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:43 pm
ian.birchall wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:13 pm
I get him mixed up with Bent Ham, Ian. Appropriate (or unfortunate?) names for referees, a bit like the authors of books like "Walk the Plank by Hugo First" etc.
It’s your age Morley 😀
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Well as a plus warrington didn't get the points although unless we somehow win our percentage will drop to 69% not so good.

See saints are not resting players as well,
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.