Saints squad

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Saints squad

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

2002 and EW is hooked
AndyNick

Re: Saints squad

Post by AndyNick »

Think it was inevitable that we would be sending a squad like this. Bit of an Easter Monday style squad. Why did this game have to be Saints!

3 games in 8 days, something had to give. Obviously we want the strongest squad possible for the Cup Semi final. If ever there was an opportunity for these young lads to stand up and be counted, then this is it. Memories of 2003.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

3. Chris Hankinson
9. Sam Powell
11. Willie Isa
14. Ben Flower
15. Joe Greenwood
19. Joe Bullock
20. Liam Byrne
21. Dom Manfredi
22. Mitch Clark
23. Jake Bibby
27. Jake Shorrocks
28. Harry Smith
29. Jack Wells
31. Jackson Hastings
32. Amir Bourouh
34. Kai Pearce-Paul
35. Sam Halsall
36. James McDonnell
37. Harry Rushton
39. Umyla Hanley
40. Ben Kilner

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2020/09/ ... st-helens/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Referee is Ben Thaler
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

We knew he would play a lot of fringe players for this game, three games within eight days, it was inevitable. But whoever puts on the Cherry’n’White shirt should always get our support.

The Challenge Cup is very important this year when everything could come to an end suddenly. Even if it will be played behind closed doors.

Never give up 😊

Remember this!

https://youtu.be/w_OHESHUDn0
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

It will be a good test for some of these guys. Some are without a contract for 2021 and this match allows them to put themselves in the shop window, others are making their way through the ranks and they will get the opportunity to show that they have got what it takes to make it with our great club.

Lam has learned from the Castleford experience, we don’t want to be out on our legs in a cup semi-final. It will now be interesting to see what Leeds do.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Regardless of the squad selection for the derby, I'm really confident in reaching Wembley this season! :D
Be disappointing to lose against (a presumably full strength stains team) but, silverware is silverware :).
doc

Post by doc »

This season we really need to make finals and win them for the financial benefit of the club so unsurprising that Lam appears to be going all out for the CC semi.
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

I’m happy with the squad. A few of these young lads have been hyped up by fans so will be exciting to see what they can do. Plus Saints may be caught off guard with a few of these young ones.

Here’s hoping for an upset but if not will be happy to see how this team gets on.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I remember posting about my worries over the number of games that we would have to play and was rubbished. I can't see any other way forward than the squad we see here.
If we win - fantastic.
If we lose - we can still get into the Top 4 and be in the shake-up for the Grand Final.
It gives us a great chance for the Cup which I'd probably rathe win because I think we will have a better chance to win the Grand Final next year but I'd still like to think that we can win both this year.