Oscar nomination for Coote

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Gerrumonside

Oscar nomination for Coote

Post by Gerrumonside »

Can’t believe the theatrics from Coote to earn the yellow card - disgusting play and it’s never going to be a close contest anyway so why bother...?
Warrior20

Re: Oscar nomination for Coote

Post by Warrior20 »

Coote fakes at least one injury a match. He must be the softest player in rugby league.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Terrible decision
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

The word “tart” springs to mind when I think of Coote
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Saints should pick up at least a couple of bans from today. Two in the same crusher plus cannonball tackle for ginger and walmsley and Lomax for a danderous throw. Just watch the disciplinary give them 0 citations...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Walmesley's tackle, though potentially dangerous, wasn't a cannonball imo. He hit from behind the knee - it was his arm around Wells' legs that grabbed from the front of the knee which did the damage.

Arguably accidental but worth a look by the judiciary. I'd give a warning about his tackling style. He did a good job on Graham's head though - worth a commendation!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

morley pie eater wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:56 am Walmesley's tackle, though potentially dangerous, wasn't a cannonball imo. He hit from behind the knee - it was his arm around Wells' legs that grabbed from the front of the knee which did the damage.

Arguably accidental but worth a look by the judiciary. I'd give a warning about his tackling style. He did a good job on Graham's head though - worth a commendation!
Yeah i agree i think he joined the tackle as the two standing players were twisting the player - it was bad timing more than anything but worth a word on watching how he gets involved in tackles
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Lomax, who I like and don't think is a dirty player, should get a ban for that throw. It really was dangerous and neds to be got out of the game.
Coote is a drama queen (must be twinned with Blake Austin) - there was also the moment when he batted the ball dead and was nearly touched aby a Wigan boot. He immediately looked pained - flexed his back and tried the old spaniel eyes to the ref. It didn't work so he got up and took the dropout.
Very unhappy about the sin-binning of Halsall considering that later in the match a Saints player tackled the kicker late and high with something approaching a 'clothes line' - a penalty was given but no sin-bin for something much worse.
6742hitch

Post by 6742hitch »

Southern Softy wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:43 am Lomax, who I like and don't think is a dirty player, should get a ban for that throw. It really was dangerous and neds to be got out of the game.
Coote is a drama queen (must be twinned with Blake Austin) - there was also the moment when he batted the ball dead and was nearly touched aby a Wigan boot. He immediately looked pained - flexed his back and tried the old spaniel eyes to the ref. It didn't work so he got up and took the dropout.
Very unhappy about the sin-binning of Halsall considering that later in the match a Saints player tackled the kicker late and high with something approaching a 'clothes line' - a penalty was given but no sin-bin for something much worse.
I thought Walmsley should at least receive the same punishment as Flower did for his tackle, which I saw nothing wrong with and was completely accidental, even the commentators were saying saints should’ve had a guy in the bin for the high tackle to be consistent, but alas, nothing!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I thought Halsall's yellow was very harsh. Wasn't much in it, a penalty at the most.