21-man squad vs Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: 21-man squad vs Leeds

Post by moto748 »

Whenever I look at Bibby I think, Gelling and Sarge seem to be going OK this season... :evil:
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

moto748 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:23 pm Whenever I look at Bibby I think, Gelling and Sarge seem to be going OK this season... :evil:
I’m pretty sure both did not want to play for us anymore. Sarg definitely.

Bibby had a good season at Salford. Saints put a comparison with him and Naiqama and considering he’s a second choice centre he was not far of his stats. I think next season he’ll kick on.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I would guess with the squad and the way they rotate during games that Flower will get the nod, maybe starting and either Partington or more likely, Byrne may miss out. The basic team picks itself these days.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Big stick wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:37 pm
moto748 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:23 pm Whenever I look at Bibby I think, Gelling and Sarge seem to be going OK this season... :evil:
I’m pretty sure both did not want to play for us anymore. Sarg definitely.

Bibby had a good season at Salford. Saints put a comparison with him and Naiqama and considering he’s a second choice centre he was not far of his stats. I think next season he’ll kick on.
Gelling has only just begun to play well and still gets caught out in defence (sound familiar?) and Sarg is now playing at full-back where he played best with us. I don't want to start a vendetta about Bibby but I can't honestly see what he brings to the team, even as a squad player. Perhaps Watson got him playing to the peak of his ability.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Shorrocks in the side, maybe ahead of Partington. I think he has taken his chance really well, and that Smithies will regret taking a self inflicted 6 match break.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Partington is nailed on to start.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:46 pm Partington is nailed on to start.
This.

Partington does long minutes with high work-rate. What's the point of starting him on the bench?

Bullock played v Saints and is probably at his best playing for 30 to 40 minutes anyway. Why put him in the starting lineup? Bring him on when he can run at a tiring defence.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Agree with all that. Shorrocks looks nailed on for the 17 as he didn't play against Saints, and Partington will surely start.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

The weather forecast for tomorrow is for heavy rain and strong winds. The kicking game will be vitally important, we really have to close Gale down and not give cheap possession and/or field position away. No needless penalties please!!
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Does that mean you would not pick SOL?