Changes Needed

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Changes Needed

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

What does everyone think the biggest changes that are needed at the club?

for me

Radlinksi needs to go - absolutely vital he is taken away from managing the club this jobs for the boys has left us with a poor coach, poor fitness and poor recruitment

New Coach
New Hooker (additional or in place of Powell)
Tommy and Lockers leave immediately
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Great grandad Harry ball

Re: Changes Needed

Post by Great grandad Harry ball »

I don't profess to know the full answers but we cannot continue as is.
We do however, need to change some personnel and look at our pedestrian tactics.
Hate to say this but Leeds were so, so superior and their tactics were absolutely spot on.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:23 pm What does everyone think the biggest changes that are needed at the club?

for me

Radlinksi needs to go - absolutely vital he is taken away from managing the club this jobs for the boys has left us with a poor coach, poor fitness and poor recruitment.
Definately.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

A coach who picks the players he want's
The jobs for the boys culture gone
Lockers gone and no coaching role (see above)
No more project players
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Radlinksi is not an issue at all. we wouldn't have Bateman next season if.it wasnt for him

Lam needs to go its that simple. Love him or loath him we would not have seen that drizzle if Wane was coaching.

Lockers needs to move to coaching and not play.

We needed more experience in the middle of the pitch and to stop these 1 man drives with no planned support.

Im not just upset with the result im questioning how much the management take the fans stumping up for season tickets for granted.

Sport is a result business and we are not seeing any.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Macward

Post by Macward »

How do we go in at half-time getting beat, then in the second half carry on with the same tactics that caused that score. There are lots of changes that we need, still not sure why we let mcclorum leave when we couldn't replace him with a player of the same standard. Our props get bullied and although we have have some good young lads there are all quite small when you look around the league. I would love a new hooker, a couple of props and a new half back.Tommy has been great servant but time to let him retire and lockers best days are a long time ago. Lam needs to go, I think Shane Flanagan is looking for a job
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Lockers was awful full of errors missed tackles and high tackles / ball stealing on last tackle stupid , been a great player but its over & we need a much better coach before the young players develop bad habits .
We are 2 years off our young forwards developing and need 2 experienced battle hardened props to guide then to the top level. Lam doesn't seem to be able to put together game plans for different conditions & he was shown the door today by Agar.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Spend SOL wages on top Aus coach
moto748

Post by moto748 »

ddtftf wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:43 pm Lockers was awful full of errors missed tackles and high tackles / ball stealing on last tackle stupid , been a great player but its over & we need a much better coach before the young players develop bad habits .
We are 2 years off our young forwards developing and need 2 experienced battle hardened props to guide then to the top level. Lam doesn't seem to be able to put together game plans for different conditions & he was shown the door today by Agar.
Good point. Agree with all that.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:23 pm What does everyone think the biggest changes that are needed at the club?

for me

Radlinksi needs to go - absolutely vital he is taken away from managing the club this jobs for the boys has left us with a poor coach, poor fitness and poor recruitment

New Coach
New Hooker (additional or in place of Powell)
Tommy and Lockers leave immediately
I'd agree with pretty much all of that. I'd add we need to take a serious look at backroom staff especially fitness. Bitcon has never been replaced with someone remotely as good.

Lam - outcoached when it matters - again. This is not new.
Radlinski - if he doesn't go we won't get a decent new coach because I don't think he has a clue where to look for one. Saying he got Bateman back is all well and good. While Bateman is obviously a quality player but Radlinski hardly had to go looking for him.
New hooker - everyone knows my thoughts on that
Tommy and Lockers gone on too long.

Why Lockers was picked today after hardly ever playing this season, God knows. As far as I am concerned his legendary status is going down the pan because he himself won't hang up his boots. As to him going on to be a coach, that is just jobs for the boys.

I doubt any of this will happen. Powell will be allowed to finish his career at the club. More sentimental nonsense and disregards the fact we need a new hooker.

Lam won't be sacked as Covid and the strange season will be the excuse despite the fact it's obvious he isn't up to the job. Lockers will get to decide what he does and Rads will go with it.