Players with covid

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Players with covid

Post by Charriots Offiah » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:39 pm

nathan_rugby wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:57 am
Nezza Faz wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:18 pm
Halsall maybe given another chance on the wing - had a decent run against Saints and his defence seemed to stand up well.
Big worry is the props, what's Lam's thinking only picking 3 v the big Wolves pack, and with more rain forecast for Friday. Beginning to get very concerned over his tactics !
Your guess is as good as mine! Unless the props missing are injured or have Covid, could be a big mis judgment by Lam similar to the Leeds game.
If the club stated who had coronavirus then we would know the answer to the second part!

jao711
Posts: 484
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:36 pm

Re: Players with covid

Post by jao711 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:37 am

Suzieb wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:03 pm
can anyone tell me why footballers who test positive are named but in Rugby it is a secret and we have to guess who it is.
Do you think your Doctor should publish your medical records?

No straw damn us
Posts: 1694
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:12 am

Re: Players with covid

Post by No straw damn us » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:35 pm

Why do we need to know who has the covid virus, what purpose does it serve?

moto748
Posts: 2582
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:30 pm

Re: Players with covid

Post by moto748 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:43 pm

So we can judge them, of course!

nathan_rugby
Posts: 2043
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:12 pm

Re: Players with covid

Post by nathan_rugby » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:21 pm

moto748 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:43 pm
So we can judge them, of course!
Exactly! Back to the original post I made.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."

cherry toffee
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:42 pm

Re: Players with covid

Post by cherry toffee » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:25 pm

The reason we as fans want to know who has covid and who hasn't is so we know who is unavailable and who has been left out of the squad by the coach for other reasons

Suzieb
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:35 pm

Re: Players with covid

Post by Suzieb » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:27 am

The obvious answer as to why it would be better to know who has covid is so that we can gauge the quality of our team against the opposition,nothing worse than the match being televised and a number of your best players are missing.l hope that this does clear up this point as some on here seem not bothered what team we put out.

nathan_rugby
Posts: 2043
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:12 pm

Re: Players with covid

Post by nathan_rugby » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:31 am

Suzieb wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:27 am
The obvious answer as to why it would be better to know who has covid is so that we can gauge the quality of our team against the opposition,nothing worse than the match being televised and a number of your best players are missing.l hope that this does clear up this point as some on here seem not bothered what team we put out.
When the squad is released you can gauge it can’t you? Knowing who has COVID, who has injury and who is out of favour doesn’t have any bearing. The squad is the squad and that’s the quality available for the match.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."

User avatar
wall_of_voodoo
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:51 am

Re: Players with covid

Post by wall_of_voodoo » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:54 am

nathan_rugby wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:31 am
Suzieb wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:27 am
The obvious answer as to why it would be better to know who has covid is so that we can gauge the quality of our team against the opposition,nothing worse than the match being televised and a number of your best players are missing.l hope that this does clear up this point as some on here seem not bothered what team we put out.
When the squad is released you can gauge it can’t you? Knowing who has COVID, who has injury and who is out of favour doesn’t have any bearing. The squad is the squad and that’s the quality available for the match.
On the counter argument go to the rumour mill and someone's posted that there's been a "falling out" between Lam and Flower hence why Flower isn't being selected

If it was announced he was one of the players told to self isolate that would put that rumour to bed - yes or no?


As for squad announcements, well Lam is his own man and it is fair to say that some of his squad selections have been bizarre to say the least during his tenure
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:

nathan_rugby
Posts: 2043
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:12 pm

Re: Players with covid

Post by nathan_rugby » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:45 pm

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:54 am
nathan_rugby wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:31 am
Suzieb wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:27 am
The obvious answer as to why it would be better to know who has covid is so that we can gauge the quality of our team against the opposition,nothing worse than the match being televised and a number of your best players are missing.l hope that this does clear up this point as some on here seem not bothered what team we put out.
When the squad is released you can gauge it can’t you? Knowing who has COVID, who has injury and who is out of favour doesn’t have any bearing. The squad is the squad and that’s the quality available for the match.
On the counter argument go to the rumour mill and someone's posted that there's been a "falling out" between Lam and Flower hence why Flower isn't being selected

If it was announced he was one of the players told to self isolate that would put that rumour to bed - yes or no?


As for squad announcements, well Lam is his own man and it is fair to say that some of his squad selections have been bizarre to say the least during his tenure
So because there’s a rumour about Lam and Flower falling out, which is private, the club should announce who has COVID ?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."

Post Reply