Jai Field has signed apparently

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Jai Field has signed apparently

Post by Charriots Offiah »

We should be making enquiries about Aidan Sezer.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:30 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:22 am
fozzieskem wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:02 pm Seems to me to be a direct replacement for French
On what basis?
On the basis that French is leaving.
1 - That isn't what fozzieskem said.
2 - Where is that confirmed?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:32 am We should be making enquiries about Aidan Sezer.
Now that’s a player but I’d be amazed if he hasn’t got an NRL gig lined up for next season
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Regardless of speculation of who's leaving and who's staying this has to be excellent investment from the club.

I cant even say I've seen any highlights of Field but, articles read suggest he is a fine, versatile player and lets face it. the last player to arrive from Parramatta hasn't been too shabby has he :lol:
Charriots Offiah

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:02 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:22 am

On what basis?
It is, he said he was a replacement for French.
I have not seen it confirmed ☹️
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Good signing regardless of who he is replacing. If I was speculating would say hastings going end of season French doing another year. Be brilliant if one stayed. Dream team if both.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:56 pm

No I said “he seems like a direct replacement for French”,nothing more I have not said he was,just “seems” big difference in those words.

But I stand by it what little I’ve seen of Field if he has signed he’s quick and covers plenty of positions not unlike French,ergo the use of the word “seems”.

So kindly don’t put words in my mouth 👍
Charriots Offiah

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:05 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:56 pm
No I said “he seems like a direct replacement for French”,nothing more I have not said he was,just “seems” big difference in those words.

But I stand by it what little I’ve seen of Field if he has signed he’s quick and covers plenty of positions not unlike French,ergo the use of the word “seems”.

So kindly don’t put words in my mouth 👍
I am not putting words in your mouth, I am interpreting your statement. You said that Field’s arrival gives the impression that he is taking the place of French, that implies to me that French is leaving. If that is not what you were indicating why bring French into the equation? Given that he covers a number of positions you could have named other players but you didn’t. What did you mean?
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/nrl-half ... gan-34117/

Jai Field will be a Wigan Warriors player next season.

Speaking to the South Coast Register newspaper, the 23-year-old confirmed he will be heading to the DW Stadium in 2021 following his release from Parramatta Eels.

He said: “Wigan is a very prestigious club in rugby league circles and I feel honoured to get the chance to pull on their jersey.”

Renowned for his electric pace, Field has struggled to nail down a first team spot with the Eels and has made just six appearances this season.

The half-back previously played for St George Illawarra Dragons where he made 11 starts, starring in the NRL Nines that preceded his debut season in 2017.

It’s understood Field has signed a two-year deal and will likely replace one of Wigan’s outgoing playmakers.

Jackson Hastings, Bevan French and Thomas Leuluai have yet to make a decision on their futures, with Field becoming Lam’s second signing for 2021 following the return of John Bateman.
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Smithy82

Post by Smithy82 »

Field is to replace Leuluai

U will see

Hastings and French will stay aswell