Club Statement: Covid-19

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Nezza Faz

Re: Club Statement: Covid-19

Post by Nezza Faz »

doc wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:47 am I was worried that this would happen after playing Wakefield as they were full of it at the time.
Why blame Wakey, it's out there in the general community and affecting all sports, in all walks of life.

And I thought the incubation period for the virus was around 2 weeks, the Wakefield match was ages ago, I think it was the first game back, and we've had 7 or 8 different opponents since then !!
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

doc wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:47 am I was worried that this would happen after playing Wakefield as they were full of it at the time.
Then Saints would be full of it!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Nezza Faz wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:27 am
Why blame Wakey, it's out there in the general community and affecting all sports, in all walks of life.

And I thought the incubation period for the virus was around 2 weeks, the Wakefield match was ages ago, I think it was the first game back, and we've had 7 or 8 different opponents since then !!
We played Wakefield on 25th September.

Incubation period is something along the lines of 3 days to 21 days I think. They do not know for sure.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Lets just hope all players, coaching staff and support staff make a speedy recovery and hopefully they all return fighting fit as soon as possible.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:28 pm Lets just hope all players, coaching staff and support staff make a speedy recovery and hopefully they all return fighting fit as soon as possible.
Could not agree more that's the most important thing than a game of rugby. I love my rugby but strongly believe the season should have not restarted and been written off for the safety of all rl . Because let's face it the season is a farce now and will be remembered for wrong reasons .
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:27 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:28 pm Lets just hope all players, coaching staff and support staff make a speedy recovery and hopefully they all return fighting fit as soon as possible.
Could not agree more that's the most important thing than a game of rugby. I love my rugby but strongly believe the season should have not restarted and been written off for the safety of all rl . Because let's face it the season is a farce now and will be remembered for wrong reasons .
I agree about the season possibly becoming a farce at this stage. I can see the importance financially to resuming the season but, I think its proving to be impractical now and more risky. I'm not hugely in favour of the percentage system either. I'm far from an expert but, it seems covid-19 is having much more of an impact on actual SL clubs in these recent weeks (either with appropriate measures taken by all clubs). I'm wondering from a safety point of view, should this season be postponed? Maybe all clubs can re-structure and plan for 2021. Then again its impossible to predict how covid-19 will impact rugby league and society in 2021. I wouldn't like the season to end but for me everyone's safety must be a priority.

Disappointed to read the news about Sarge and Wembley.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

moto748 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:15 am Yeah, this virus is real inconvenience, isn't it? Rugby match delayed by a few days.

Meanwhile, 40 000+ dead.
Fair point, as I said, exasperation at the time.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Its all a cunning plot. Wigan and Cats having realised that if neither team loses and messes up their percentage ratio they keep Leeds out of the top 4 so they cancel the match.
You couldn't make it up, or could you?
🤣
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

ian.birchall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:17 am Its all a cunning plot. Wigan and Cats having realised that if neither team loses and messes up their percentage ratio they keep Leeds out of the top 4 so they cancel the match.
You couldn't make it up, or could you?
🤣
Except Catalans need to reach a minimum of 15 games to qualify and they are already way off reaching that target. But plenty of Saints fans are reaching that conclusion as far as we are concerned :(
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

Saints fans keep telling everyone they're so much better than everybody else do why does it matter to them who qualifies apart from being obsessed by wigan