21-man squad vs Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Gerrumonside

Re: 21-man squad vs Salford

Post by Gerrumonside »

I hope Lam goes for it and selects the strongest side possible, full week before saints match and COVID could rule it out anyway so win % is important.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Gerrumonside wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:21 am I hope Lam goes for it and selects the strongest side possible, full week before saints match and COVID could rule it out anyway so win % is important.
And we owe salford a good kicking
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

No sarg or Kev brown for Salford so that should help out.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

morley pie eater wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:14 pm Lam has to think about the Saints match next week. I'd guess that's why Lockers is rested (if there's not some other reason).
Lockers has played in 6 games of 14 over the course of 6 months, and he's hardly been an 80 minute presence so if he needs resting then he really is a complete burden to this club and to be honest im already losing a vast amount of respect i had for him, if continues this charade of being a "player" next year then quite frankly he gives up any future status as a club legend and goes into someone taking the club for a ride
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
bertina

Post by bertina »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:22 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:34 pm Saw on Wigan Warriors Instagram that Tony Clubb is training with strapping on his forearm! He has only just come back from injury and is getting strapped up already!
Protection
I wouldn't have Clubb on the bus, never mind in the squad. He's been shot for ages.
Offers nothing going forward, and a liability in defence.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Barney841 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:42 pm I don’t get people’s hard on about hankinson.
Yeah you can say there’s not much difference between him and bibby but with Zak and gilly fit does he get ahead of them, no.
No rod - just needs a fair chance is all
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:18 am
morley pie eater wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:14 pm Lam has to think about the Saints match next week. I'd guess that's why Lockers is rested (if there's not some other reason).
Lockers has played in 6 games of 14 over the course of 6 months, and he's hardly been an 80 minute presence so if he needs resting then he really is a complete burden to this club and to be honest im already losing a vast amount of respect i had for him, if continues this charade of being a "player" next year then quite frankly he gives up any future status as a club legend and goes into someone taking the club for a ride
Lockers is the main man.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Lockers is the main man.
Did you say main man or lame man - because the latter is more appropriate
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

widdenoldboy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:34 pm
Barney841 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:42 pm I don’t get people’s hard on about hankinson.
Yeah you can say there’s not much difference between him and bibby but with Zak and gilly fit does he get ahead of them, no.
No rod - just needs a fair chance is all
I agree he’s not good enough. He’s been with us 3 seasons and he had 2 good games. I think his fair chance has been and gone.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

bertina wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:27 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:22 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:34 pm Saw on Wigan Warriors Instagram that Tony Clubb is training with strapping on his forearm! He has only just come back from injury and is getting strapped up already!
Protection
I wouldn't have Clubb on the bus, never mind in the squad. He's been shot for ages.
Offers nothing going forward, and a liability in defence.
What about bringing on the kicking tee?......could result in further injury though :lol: