New Heritage Shirt released

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

New Heritage Shirt released

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors are delighted to release a newly sponsored Heritage Shirt to celebrate the Club’s past and current players.

The Warriors have teamed up with Official Technical Kit Partner, hummel, and local plumbing business, Blue Sky Plumbing, to release the new wave of Heritage Shirts.

In August 2018, the Club launched a Heritage Shirt for the first time, which was available free of charge to all current and ex-players who have represented Wigan’s first team.

The new jersey is available to former players who have not received a Heritage Shirt previously, which will include their name and unique individual Heritage Number.

It is also to be used as a training top for Wigan’s first team and fans are able to purchase their own with a player’s name and Heritage Number printed on the back.

Dave and Karen Gibson, owners of the new shirt sponsor, Blue Sky Plumbing – based at South Lancashire Industrial Estate in Ashton-in-Makerfield – have been long-standing supporters of the Club and have supported numerous commercial initiatives down the years.

Wigan Warriors executive director, Kris Radlinski, said: “Dave and Karen have been supporters of the Club for as long as I can remember. Win or lose, they offer unwavering support.

“They are very much part of our family. I know the top will mean a lot to them and I am sure our players will wear it with pride.”

Dave Gibson said: “We’re very proud to have our company name emblazoned on the Heritage Shirts. I think the Heritage is a very important part of the Club and I look forward to seeing the shirts being worn by current and former players.

“I committed to the idea of the sponsorship before the Covid-19 pandemic and that slowed everything down, but it is something we can look back on with pride in what has been a tough year for everyone.

“I’ve been a season ticket holder all my life and I’m a big Wigan fan, so it’s fantastic to be involved in such a historic part of the Club.”

The shirt is now available to purchase online at store.wiganwarriors.com in Junior sizes (MB-XXLB) for £25 and Adult sizes (XS-5XL) for £36. Click HERE to buy yours now.

https://store.wiganwarriors.com/shop/sh ... eritage%7C

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2020/10/ ... -released/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Re: New Heritage Shirt released

Post by Firestarter »

I think its a bit cheeky releasing yet another shirt this year when weve hardly had chance to show off the other three...... i think wigan should do the right thing and keep all the shirts for next season
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE