Clubb predictions?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigwambam

Re: Clubb predictions?

Post by Wigwambam »

The stats mean nothing if you watched the game take what you seen as how anybody played ....clubb went ok in my eyes they all did ...but comparing stats isnt right ...if your on the right side of the pitch for kick returns you will tally more meters than the other prop who hasnt returned a ball ....when in possession did ball come his side ...when on pitch did team have possesion ....one break your meters are high ...... just watch the game and enjoy everybody knows hard work toughness skill and work ethic ...
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

I thought he was slightly better last night but still nowhere near good enough for regular games but unfortunately Lam sees something in him so as long as he's picking the team we're stuck with him
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I actually thought he did OK saying how long he's been out. For example his effort on Salfords line restricted there yardage and we all got to see the magic of Bevan from that effort. He just needed to be doing that more often maybe it's just his body's let him down. The nature of the injury I imagine meant he couldn't train much so not too bad.
I thought Flower did a decent job and if you rotated the starting three props like for like he would be Ok So Bull Singo and Oli P start. Havard would do the Oli P role plus any two of Byrne Flower Burgess Clarke Clubb . Obviously Lockers will come in as well.
Bull Singo Havard Partington have earned 4 of the spots spotsvfor me. I thought Byrne was on way to anothe.
Big questions re retention and squad next year....... will Lockers go again and if we see Burgess ever get fit?
Clubb and Flower, well Clubbs got another year he seems popular and if his contract is low maybe an older head at training and the odd game when needed will see him next season.
For me for as much as I appreciate what they have given for our club I would love us to use the money for another prop who's going to give us a good 40 mins we can all see what that can do with Singletons impact in two games.
Can see some tough decisions need making, get it right we are not that far off.
Obviously we have to see what happens with the backs as well big few months coming up.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:16 pm Im suprised at his stats at one point he did 3 tackles in a row pinning salford in their half and i thought well Clubb is proving a point.
I am happy with the number of tackles he made but the other three props carried the ball on average 12 times each. Tony has to share that workload otherwise the others get fatigued quicker.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

lucky 13 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:22 pm I actually thought he did OK saying how long he's been out. For example his effort on Salfords line restricted there yardage and we all got to see the magic of Bevan from that effort. He just needed to be doing that more often maybe it's just his body's let him down. The nature of the injury I imagine meant he couldn't train much so not too bad.
I thought Flower did a decent job and if you rotated the starting three props like for like he would be Ok So Bull Singo and Oli P start. Havard would do the Oli P role plus any two of Byrne Flower Burgess Clarke Clubb . Obviously Lockers will come in as well.
Bull Singo Havard Partington have earned 4 of the spots spotsvfor me. I thought Byrne was on way to anothe.
Big questions re retention and squad next year....... will Lockers go again and if we see Burgess ever get fit?
Clubb and Flower, well Clubbs got another year he seems popular and if his contract is low maybe an older head at training and the odd game when needed will see him next season.
For me for as much as I appreciate what they have given for our club I would love us to use the money for another prop who's going to give us a good 40 mins we can all see what that can do with Singletons impact in two games.
Can see some tough decisions need making, get it right we are not that far off.
Obviously we have to see what happens with the backs as well big few months coming up.
Those tough decisions should have been made last season. This is a brutal sport and you can’t afford to carry anybody. Some of those young lads are getting paid a fraction of what the ‘seasoned’ pros are getting. In the 1980’s they would have been shown the door, very politely of course. Great teams are not built on sentiment.