Billy Boston: Wigan's greatest ever player

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Billy Boston: Wigan's greatest ever player

Post by josie andrews »

Billy Boston is regarded as Wigan’s greatest and most popular player. He's the second highest try-scorer in rugby league history behind Brian Bevan having scored 571 tries in 564 career appearances between 1954 and 1970.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... ver-player
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
keptinthedarkfans

Re: Billy Boston: Wigan's greatest ever player

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Can't disagree with general consensus. And truly one of greatest ever to pull on the famous shirt. I had the honour to see him play. But my best player I have ever seen is Hanley. He was most complete player. I have seen .
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:20 pm Can't disagree with general consensus. And truly one of greatest ever to pull on the famous shirt. I had the honour to see him play. But my best player I have ever seen is Hanley. He was most complete player. I have seen .
unfortunately i never saw billy.... he was my late dads favourite ever player( they also knew each other)...... he told me some great stories about his playing career...... he did , however, say that hanley was even better
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

He wasn’t Wigan’s greatest player he was the games greatest.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:47 pm He wasn’t Wigan’s greatest player he was the games greatest.
Yes, he certainly was.