Sets it up nicely

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Sets it up nicely

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Could be winner takes all on Friday after Saints loss tonight.
Gerrumonside

Re: Sets it up nicely

Post by Gerrumonside »

It certainly makes it interesting for the final few matches and hopefully Walmsley stays suspended for Friday!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Looking at there team selection they are only bothered about the wigan game
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

This is a huge game for Lam. He has failed to win any game of significance, losing each important knock out game, and every game against Saints, without even competing. As the games slipped away, he has shown no ability to turn the tide, and after each one he has appeared bewildered. If he fails to win on Friday, the club will have no reason or justification to extend his contract into next year. In that sense, it is set up nicely.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

The saints game will prove if Lam can take us forward as we have never beat them under his reign
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I for one dont think this result will define Lam's tenure or future at the club.

I do think this fixture is Lam's first real opportunity to win the derby. It should be a thrilling game based on our performance last game and how many 1st team Stains are returning.

I think Lam done an excellent job in 2019. Regardless of Covid-19, I think we have been inconsistent at times and I do firmly believe we have a squad strong enough to win silverware this season. I'm hoping Lam will have a 'Agar' style of result this season in the playoffs and lead us to success.

Losing to Leeds in the CC has hopefully fired up the whole squad to succeed in the playoffs. As for Stains, I personally think we will pip this, regardless of the result though, I think judgement has to made on Lam at the end of the season.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:44 pm I for one dont think this result will define Lam's tenure or future at the club.

I do think this fixture is Lam's first real opportunity to win the derby. It should be a thrilling game based on our performance last game and how many 1st team Stains are returning.

I think Lam done an excellent job in 2019. Regardless of Covid-19, I think we have been inconsistent at times and I do firmly believe we have a squad strong enough to win silverware this season. I'm hoping Lam will have a 'Agar' style of result this season in the playoffs and lead us to success.

Losing to Leeds in the CC has hopefully fired up the whole squad to succeed in the playoffs. As for Stains, I personally think we will pip this, regardless of the result though, I think judgement has to made on Lam at the end of the season.
I don’t mind judging him after the play offs, as we clearly aren’t going to sack him before then. Just as long as we don’t hand him another contract before he has shown he can win any big games.