21 man squad v St Helens round 19

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: 21 man squad v St Helens round 19

Post by moto748 »

Just on the Greenwood yellow card: did it strike anyone else, as it did me, that in fact, the fact that the Saints player got up with a big grin on his face could have been the difference between red and yellow? If he's rolled around on the floor holding his face, instead of laughing...

Either way, it was stupid and pointless of Greenwood, with 90 sec to go, and the game won.
widdenoldboy

Re: 21 man squad v St Helens round 19

Post by widdenoldboy »

moto748 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:53 pm Just on the Greenwood yellow card: did it strike anyone else, as it did me, that in fact, the fact that the Saints player got up with a big grin on his face could have been the difference between red and yellow? If he's rolled around on the floor holding his face, instead of laughing...

Either way, it was stupid and pointless of Greenwood, with 90 sec to go, and the game won.
Poor discipline but Joe had taken some rough stuff from Lees/Bentley just before. His only defence is that he didn't strike with the fist, otherwise a lengthy ban.

I think I was a bit unfair on Kendall in an earlier post, he helped the game as a spectacle TBF.