21 man squad v St Helens round 19

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Southern Softy

Re: 21 man squad v St Helens round 19

Post by Southern Softy »

Crikey - what a match. Best of the season.
I thought Saints were actually pretty good but like Warrington, they only had a Plan A and no Plan B. Their forwards battered on even when it wasn't working and the runners just ran into a wall of tacklers. I bet Tommy Makinson (who I rate) has never come off feeling so bruised. Roby looks to have lost that edge to make things happen when a side don't let up. He was anonymous
It was a fairly awesome Wigan performance to nullify everything that Saints could produce and some of the shots were frightening.
Tackle of the night was Kendall on Graham and I hope the Saints decision to let Lomax play on when he got his tackle position wrong and patently was concussed gets looked at.
It looks as if we're going to sacrifice Faz on the left to take the place of SOL and play Greenwood at l;eft second-row and it's hard to argue against.
As good a performance as we've had under Lam and the sheer delight of seeing Nagano missing French by a mile and LMS grasping at thin air when Tommy set off for his try were priceless.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

That was fantastic. The right team, the right tactics, the right tweaks to turn it round - got to take my hat off to Lam, who got it right (at the 8th? Attempt). We have a great back line - even Bibby made a major contribution - who just need space and momentum. Singleton has been a great signing, as he and Bullock get us metres after contact. With Powell’s repertoire and effectiveness increasing, we can play an extra prop at 13, unless and until the mythical Lockers returns.

The beauty of that performance is that we know that that level is more than enough to beat them every time. Fantastic way to spend a Friday evening.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Southern Softy wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:48 am Crikey - what a match. Best of the season.
I thought Saints were actually pretty good but like Warrington, they only had a Plan A and no Plan B. Their forwards battered on even when it wasn't working and the runners just ran into a wall of tacklers. I bet Tommy Makinson (who I rate) has never come off feeling so bruised. Roby looks to have lost that edge to make things happen when a side don't let up. He was anonymous
It was a fairly awesome Wigan performance to nullify everything that Saints could produce and some of the shots were frightening.
Tackle of the night was Kendall on Graham and I hope the Saints decision to let Lomax play on when he got his tackle position wrong and patently was concussed gets looked at.
It looks as if we're going to sacrifice Faz on the left to take the place of SOL and play Greenwood at l;eft second-row and it's hard to argue against.
As good a performance as we've had under Lam and the sheer delight of seeing Nagano missing French by a mile and LMS grasping at thin air when Tommy set off for his try were priceless.
If you watch tommys try theres about 3 players offside which wigan took advantage of...... i dont think we would have got the penalty if he didnt score though.......LMS also missed the tackle on greenwood when he stormed down the middle....... as ive said before LMS is ok at getting tough with threequarters and halves
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:46 am
Southern Softy wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:48 am Crikey - what a match. Best of the season.
If you watch tommys try theres about 3 players offside which wigan took advantage of...... i dont think we would have got the penalty if he didnt score though.......LMS also missed the tackle on greenwood when he stormed down the middle....... as ive said before LMS is ok at getting tough with threequarters and halves
Didn’t see him dancing round with that stupid grin on his face 😀
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I bet Saints are now wishing they had put their full team out at Salford 😀
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:30 pm I bet Saints are now wishing they had put their full team out at Salford 😀
:lol: :lol:
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Seems like the tactic of playing. A weakened side before a big game hasn't worked for either of us.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Mike wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:07 pm Seems like the tactic of playing. A weakened side before a big game hasn't worked for either of us.
Of course, deja vu !
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Mike wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:07 pm Seems like the tactic of playing. A weakened side before a big game hasn't worked for either of us.
they were weakened on friday because WALMESLEY didnt play...... hadnt you heard mike???i think Boris announced it before the big lockdown announcement
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:00 pm
they were weakened on friday because WALMESLEY didnt play...... hadnt you heard mike???i think Boris announced it before the big lockdown announcement
:lol: :lol: :lol: