21 man squad v St Helens round 19

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

21 man squad v St Helens round 19

Post by josie andrews »

Adrian Lam names 21-man squad to face St Helens in Round 19 of the Betfred Super League.

Two changes as Liam Byrne and Chris Hankinson replace Dom Manfredi and Joe Shorrocks.

St Helens vs Wigan Warriors, Friday 30th October, Totally Wicked Stadium, K.O. 7:45pm.

Adrian Lam has named the Wigan Warriors 21-man squad to face rivals St Helens this Friday in Round 17 of the Betfred Super League.

The Cherry and Whites will travel to the Totally Wicked Stadium for the second week in a row to face local rivals Saints in a battle of first vs second.

Lam has made changes to the side selected for Salford last week, with Liam Byrne and Chris Hankinson replacing Joe Shorrocks and the injured Dom Manfredi.

Updating on Manfredi earlier this week, the Head Coach said: “Dom has fluid on his knee at the moment. We are going to get that drained this week and see how it sits, but it could potentially be another week or two for Dom.”

Injury News

Club Captain Sean O’Loughlin misses out again with a hamstring strain and is expect back within two weeks.

Youngster Ethan Havard continues to recover from an ankle injury first sustained against Leeds Rhinos in Wigan’s Coral Challenge Cup Semi Final defeat.

Back-rower Jack Wells remains sidelined following a MCL tear and knee dislocation suffered against St Helens in Round 14.

Winger Liam Marshall continues his long-term recovery from an Anterior Cruciate Ligament knee injury sustained during the Round 10 tie with Castleford.

21-man squad vs St Helens

1. Zak Hardaker
3. Chris Hankinson
4. Oliver Gildart
5. Joe Burgess
6. Bevan French
7. Tommy Leuluai
8. Tony Clubb
9. Sam Powell
10. George Burgess
11. Willie Isa
12. Liam Farrell
14. Ben Flower
15. Joe Greenwood
16. Morgan Smithies
17. Oliver Partington
19. Joe Bullock
20. Liam Byrne
23. Jake Bibby
28. Harry Smith
31. Jackson Hastings
38. Brad Singleton

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2020/10/ ... t-helens/I
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Re: 21 man squad v St Helens round 19

Post by Firestarter »

Why do i think the worst when the words dom and knee are mentioned?we need to seriously try and keep burgess next season imo
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Lockers out yet again...... for god sake call it a day
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:06 pm Why do i think the worst when the words dom and knee are mentioned?we need to seriously try and keep burgess next season imo
He’s got fluid on his knee!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Saints' big guns return for derby showdown with Wigan

Saints have named a powerful-looking squad ahead of Friday's derby clash against Wigan Warriors at the Totally Wicked Stadium.

First choice players Lachlan Coote, Regan Grace, Jonny Lomax, James Roby, Zeb Taia, Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook and Matty Lees all return to the 21-strong set up.

Josh Eaves, who impressed in Monday's narrow defeat against Salford Red Devils, is included in place of Aaron Smith, while Jake Wingfield, who made his debut against the Mancunians, is again named alongside James Graham.

However, Alex Walmsley misses out due to a one-match ban.

The return of senior players means there is a total of seven changes to the squad as Walmsley, Jack Ashworth, Smith, Matty Costello, Joe Batchelor, Matty Foster and Tom Nisbet all drop out.

Saints: Lachlan Coote, 2. Tommy Makinson, 3. Kevin Naiqama, 5. Regan Grace, 6. Jonny Lomax, 7. Theo Fages, 9. James Roby, 11. Zeb Taia, 12, Dom Peyroux, 13. LMS, 14. Morgan Knowles, 15. Matty Lees, 16. Kyle Amor, 18, Joseph Paulo, 20. James Bentley, 22. Jack Welsby, 24, Josh Eaves, 26, Josh Simm, 27, Lewis Dodd, 31, Jake Wingfield, 32. James Graham.

https://www.sthelensreporter.co.uk/spor ... an-3017599
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:07 pm
Firestarter wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:06 pm Why do i think the worst when the words dom and knee are mentioned?we need to seriously try and keep burgess next season imo
He’s got fluid on his knee!
Yes i know but its still knee again
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:07 pm Lockers out yet again...... for god sake call it a day
Some on here gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed Lam was rotating the squad!

Wrong.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Hankinson in! He's not match fit! Why include him. :lol:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Mike wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:56 pm Hankinson in! He's not match fit! Why include him. :lol:
Same for Burgess (G)
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Mike wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:56 pm Hankinson in! He's not match fit! Why include him. :lol:
Because he will pull saints apart solo.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.