21 man squad v St Helens round 19

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wall_of_voodoo

Re: 21 man squad v St Helens round 19

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Wintergreen wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:42 pm
ian.birchall wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:41 pm Cheating Scouser Johnny Lomax.
Not once but twice faked an injury and lied on the floor until his team got their defence set again.
Exactly. But when did the rules change?
There a a few teams that do this

It is always play acting an "injury" to halt opposition momentum (usually on the try line or when they've just dropped the ball)

I questioned it at the matches and was told that is the way now. I always thought play only got stopped for seriously injuries or head knocks. Now it is stopped for everything
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

The game stopped twice for injuries to lomax but carried on when Powell was injured not only that he gave them a repeat set . The Greenwood red or yellow is immaterial because there was only 90seconds left and which team in super league has not scored from a forward pass just sour grapes from saints and their sky fan club
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

cherry toffee wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:16 pm The game stopped twice for injuries to lomax but carried on when Powell was injured not only that he gave them a repeat set . The Greenwood red or yellow is immaterial because there was only 90seconds left and which team in super league has not scored from a forward pass just sour grapes from saints and their sky fan club
Regardless of the forward pass, Saints never looked like scoring. Maybe it was an off night for them or is it their nothing without Walmsley in the team. I think if Roby went off tonight we’d have put more on them.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

James Graham looked like he needed to retire tonight.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:45 pm
Wintergreen wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:42 pm
Not once but twice faked an injury and lied on the floor until his team got their defence set again.
Exactly. But when did the rules change?
There a a few teams that do this

It is always play acting an "injury" to halt opposition momentum (usually on the try line or when they've just dropped the ball)

I questioned it at the matches and was told that is the way now. I always thought play only got stopped for seriously injuries or head knocks. Now it is stopped for everything
Not for Wigan injuries apparently
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Great performance, Lam finally getting the tactics right. We did to Saints in the 2nd Half what Leeds did to us in the Cup game. We kept them pinned in their own quarter, draining their fitness levels leading to some catch up rugby from them, which produced plenty of errors. We are now getting confidence throughout the team and our backs are becoming very dangerous with ball in hand, on the back of great go forward by the pack. And we played an almost perfect game with so few errors, it helped pile even more intensity on Saints'.
And got to say, Lam's taken loads of stick on here, big applause for him tonight. Keep it up !
Shaun Wane Legend

Post by Shaun Wane Legend »

Fantastic game, especially the much maligned, (on here anyway) Tommy Leuluai and Joe Greenwood one of the few who off load. Well done lads!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Happy days....... i thought we hung in there for 30 mins and totally zapped all there energy........ tommy had a great game and proved me wrong....... willie or hastings mom for me....... lomax looking at fer after every tackle which narked me and im sure bentley is the new wilkin(head tackles, lying on etc).......greenwood needs stay in that team coz he his a danger down the left....... if we can improve our sliding defence a tad and sort the kicking game we can be a force again....... one big question is “WHERE WAS THAT FANTASTIC FULLBACK COOTE WHEN FRENCHY WENT ROUND HIM WITH CONSUMMATE EASE”....... fantastic boys absalutely brill...... thought zak put a good shift in again as well
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I am going to defend Lomax he didn’t feign injury the referee should have kept the game going whilst he got treatment.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:59 pm Amazing Lomax is injured when momentum is Wigans way but suddenly fine for saints in attack.
+1+1
Once for each time he did it, if you get advantage from it once why not try it again?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.