Hastings to stay at Wigan despite interest from NRL and one other Super League club

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Rennox89

Re: Jackson Hastings

Post by Rennox89 »

I hope so mate. I dont like the whole 'staying for a year' as you cant forward think as a team. But suppose that's the way the game is going. We should be getting trophies with this side though
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Rennox89 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:50 am I hope so mate. I dont like the whole 'staying for a year' as you cant forward think as a team. But suppose that's the way the game is going. We should be getting trophies with this side though
He is on a 2 year contract so I don't see any issue with that comment.

Wigan need to decide if they want to try and keep him for 2022 and offer him a contract extension at some point or start looking at a replacement. The club just need to decide what their cut off date is and stick to that so there is no messing around.

Now if he had a 2 or 3 year contract and the agent was saying "staying for a year" you could start to ask questions, point the finger etc. But that isn't the case.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Rennox89

Post by Rennox89 »

I wasnt just refering to the Hastings scenario but Field has come on 2 year deal too. If he has a stormer next season he could well be off after just a year too? Then french was signed on a 2 and half year deal and he could potentially leave after 1 year and a few games.

Then a year or so ago we tie Morgan Escare on a 4 year deal and he leaves after one.

I accept it. But its frustrating as a fan to know your side will be competing year in year out if we dont know whose pulling the shirts on.
morley pie eater

Re: Hastings to stay at Wigan despite interest from NRL and one other Super League club

Post by morley pie eater »

cherry toffee wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:12 am Hope it's true and why don't we as wigan fans welcome him and enjoy him as long as he stays with us instead of looking for things that sometimes don't exist
👍
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
First Try Tickle

Re: Hastings to stay at Wigan despite interest from NRL and one other Super League club

Post by First Try Tickle »

I just wish we could go and support him and the club. I'm sure he would be tempted to stay after hearing his name chanted by a packed end at Warrington and Saints.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Jacko's mother posts on a Wigan fb forum and she's been saying for the last month or so that he's going nowhere and he's loving it at Wigan.
Let's not forget Batty's back, that's a biggie as well.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

I remember when the Bateman coming back rumour first started and Hastings said something about he'd give half his wages to be able to play in same team as him
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Rennox89 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:12 pm I wasnt just refering to the Hastings scenario but Field has come on 2 year deal too. If he has a stormer next season he could well be off after just a year too? Then french was signed on a 2 and half year deal and he could potentially leave after 1 year and a few games.

Then a year or so ago we tie Morgan Escare on a 4 year deal and he leaves after one.

I accept it. But its frustrating as a fan to know your side will be competing year in year out if we dont know whose pulling the shirts on.
He could only leave if Wigan allowed him to, which I assume would bring in a transfer fee or he has a clause in his contract which allows him to speak to NRL clubs/leave early which hasn't been mentioned so.

What would you prefer the club to do in the situation of Field signing a 2 year contract? People would have probably complained if we gave him a 3 or 4 year contract considering his lack of NRL experience. The club cannot win sometimes.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Great v Saints and shows what a class half back can do behind a winning pack.