Referee for Friday .... again!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Referee for Friday .... again!

Post by josie andrews »

ST HELENS V WIGAN WARRIORS
Friday 30th October
Totally Wicked Stadium | KO : 19:45

Referee C. Kendall

Touch Judge 1 S. Mikalauskas
Touch Judge 2 C. Sharrad
Reserve Referee T. Grant
Reserve Touch Judge T. Crashley
Video Referee B. Thaler
M Com D. Campbell
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Southern Softy

Re: Referee for Friday .... again!

Post by Southern Softy »

Not a problem for me. Seems to handle matches well and have very few problems. He's not perfect - no one is but he's better than Hicks or Child, to name the obvious replacements.
Great grandad Harry ball

Post by Great grandad Harry ball »

Will say that Kendall had probably the best match I've seen him have - no penalties in the first half, let the players get on with it and when it threatened to boil over took the sensible ' calm it, or else' attitude.
Would have thought though that whether or not Greenwood at the end was a yellow or red will not matter, its a trip to the beak............
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Great grandad Harry ball wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:58 am Will say that Kendall had probably the best match I've seen him have - no penalties in the first half, let the players get on with it and when it threatened to boil over took the sensible ' calm it, or else' attitude.
Would have thought though that whether or not Greenwood at the end was a yellow or red will not matter, its a trip to the beak............
i agree he had a good game...... i did think we deserved a few set restarts at times and saints did push the offside to the max...... i thought he was overly warning wigan more than saints at times...... greenwood was 100% a red and he will get banned
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:11 pm
Great grandad Harry ball wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:58 am Will say that Kendall had probably the best match I've seen him have - no penalties in the first half, let the players get on with it and when it threatened to boil over took the sensible ' calm it, or else' attitude.
i agree he had a good game...... i did think we deserved a few set restarts at times and saints did push the offside to the max...... i thought he was overly warning wigan more than saints at times...... greenwood was 100% a red and he will get banned
I agree with that & said almost word for word 😁
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:43 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:11 pm
I hadnt read yours too be honest josie
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:11 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:43 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:11 pm i agree he had a good game...... i did think we deserved a few set restarts at times and saints did push the offside to the max...... i thought he was overly warning wigan more than saints at times...... greenwood was 100% a red and he will get banned
I hadnt read yours too be honest josie
😂😂 I hadn’t posted anything, as you said everything I was about to 😊
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

I would agree that the ref had a good game but I have watched all Wigan's matches since the restart and the standing square at the play the ball law seems to have died a quiet death.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ian.birchall wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:41 pm I would agree that the ref had a good game but I have watched all Wigan's matches since the restart and the standing square at the play the ball law seems to have died a quiet death.
That is a pet peeve of mine as well as flops!
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I wouldn't disagree but the pace of the game with no scrums and set/restarts means that (some) referees are just being realistic about positioning at the PTB. Flops were always tricky as defenders doesn't dare risk a player being able to move if he gets free for a second from the first tackle. I'd like to see the rule amended to bring in the 'dangerous' element so that a prone player can't have people just piling on.
Interesting how touch judges are seeing more forward passes though.