Referee for Friday .... again!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Nezza Faz

Re: Referee for Friday .... again!

Post by Nezza Faz »

Southern Softy: "Interesting how touch judges are seeing more forward passes though".

Except the blatant, game changing, 2 metres one on Friday - according to those Saints supporters in the know :o ;) :D
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Nezza Faz wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:49 am Southern Softy: "Interesting how touch judges are seeing more forward passes though".

Except the blatant, game changing, 2 metres one on Friday - according to those Saints supporters in the know :o ;) :D
I didnt think the pass was that bad..... it was never checked on a level line and the best replay was definately at an angle that made it look worse....... its the commentators that make it worse by harping on about it......... one forward pass leading to a try is a massive mistake by a ref, but letting a team blatantly stand offside and cross at the ptb( against a team on the attack) isnt deemed a massive mistake???
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Nezza Faz wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:49 am Southern Softy: "Interesting how touch judges are seeing more forward passes though".

Saints supporters were always impartial and unbiased and good to see they still have a sense of proportion. Not like they were outscored 4 tries to 1 or anything.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

It soo much better when the ref doesn't penalise sides all the time. It works both ways though, both teams will get away with more stuff. But if they are close enough within sensible bounds a lack of penalties really adds to the intensity of the game. Suddenly a mistake becomes crucial and field position has to be at taken advantage of. You don't keep being given get out of jail cards all the time. I think the intensity of aussie games and their players is often improved by fewer penalties which is partially to do with better discipline, but also by refereeing culture.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐