Sky Commentary AGAIN

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wiganrealist

Re: Sky Commentary AGAIN

Post by Wiganrealist »

Couldnt watch game on Friday but recorded it and just watched. What an absolute disgrace the commentary was, all about Huddersfield and how good their players were full of praise if they caught a ball and hardly a mention of Wigan. They continue harping on about a decision ten minutes before while the match is in progress and ignore what is actually happening. At the end it was all about the brilliant performance from Huddersfield and how many of their players and been outstanding totally missing the point that if they had been that good they might have won.

To cap it all Carney says Wigan pip the brilliant Saints to the league leaders shield. Most unprofessional set of tools in broadcasting they must be cheap
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

You have to get the bozos credit for working in walmsley (3 times),Coote (best fullback in the uni eras don’t forget),Grace (amazing that lad) all in a bloody game they weren’t playing in.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I think the commentary is fine. Does the job. Seem to have cut out having Barrie and Terry on the same team, which improves things because they sometimes go too far into the chatting for me.

They really can't win, and get slagged off by every set of fans who think they're against their team. The constant moaning about them on here is a bit boring IMO. But its allowed, so carry on!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Mike wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:42 pm I think the commentary is fine. Does the job. Seem to have cut out having Barrie and Terry on the same team, which improves things because they sometimes go too far into the chatting for me.

They really can't win, and get slagged off by every set of fans who think they're against their team. The constant moaning about them on here is a bit boring IMO. But its allowed, so carry on!
👏👏👏
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Mike wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:42 pm I think the commentary is fine. Does the job. Seem to have cut out having Barrie and Terry on the same team, which improves things because they sometimes go too far into the chatting for me.

Super league commentary and punditry is absolutely dire and amateur. Watch the NRL and watch premier league football and you’ll realise.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wiganrealist wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:47 pm Couldnt watch game on Friday but recorded it and just watched. What an absolute disgrace the commentary was, all about Huddersfield and how good their players were full of praise if they caught a ball and hardly a mention of Wigan. They continue harping on about a decision ten minutes before while the match is in progress and ignore what is actually happening. At the end it was all about the brilliant performance from Huddersfield and how many of their players and been outstanding totally missing the point that if they had been that good they might have won.

To cap it all Carney says Wigan pip the brilliant Saints to the league leaders shield. Most unprofessional set of tools in broadcasting they must be cheap
I brought this up on FB during the game, it was as if there was only one team playing!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:11 pm

Super league commentary and punditry is absolutely dire and amateur. Watch the NRL and watch premier league football and you’ll realise.
Yes, absolute chalk and cheese.
What's worrying is they can see that but don't change. And that Bill (what's his name) doesn't have the faintest clues about the rules of the game.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Nezza Faz wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:00 pm

Yes, absolute chalk and cheese.
What's worrying is they can see that but don't change. And that Bill (what's his name) doesn't have the faintest clues about the rules of the game.
Or which player is which. He regularly thought Greenwood was Budgie.

Bill Arthur by the way.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I do. Any they're just as amateur and dire, if you happen to think they're against your side.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Mike wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:30 am

I do. Any they're just as amateur and dire, if you happen to think they're against your side.
I don’t think that though..

At the moment only Micah Richards is biased towards his old club (Man City). All the others are fair I’d say.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."