The unloved

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

The unloved

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

There’s a few players who haven’t always had an easy ride on here - from myself included but i think they deserve a bit of appreciation for the last few games in particular

Powell - Been top draw last few games and I’m starting to think there isn’t another realistic option at hooker I’d rather have

Isa - epic tonight and really showing the guts of the team leading the line

Greenwood - ok hasn’t had as hard ride as the others but I think he’s been immense since getting back in the team shame he will cop a ban

Clubb - had a decent game tonight and was part of some key moments in our favour

Tommy - many say he’s done me included but he played for 80 tonight and rolled the clock back hope he finishes the year and career in a flurry

I just thought it was only fair that I sent some praise these guys way after I haven’t had the nicest of things to say about them in the past
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
widdenoldboy

Re: The unloved

Post by widdenoldboy »

Good post. TBH Clubb was a half yard off the pace but he put in a good shift and caused a knock-on with a bell ringer. we were SO up for this one.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Add Jake Bibby to that list.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I thought Isa was the mom.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Add Adrian Lam to that as well, his game plan was first class.
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:55 am Add Adrian Lam to that as well, his game plan was first class.
Yea if it was his plan :x Winder and peet are running this team he’s just the face
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

MoM: Willie Isa, though couldn't argue with French getting it. His commitment in defence has been almost as impressive as his skills on attack in the last few games. I'm starting to believe the hype that he's happy here and might stay another year.

Also put in a shift and not always appreciated:
Sam P, Budgie, Bibby, Tommy, and Partington - though the togetherness and teamwork was the winning factor: credit to Lam, who had focused on this in training.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Well said. I've been dismissive of most of them but everyone played their part last night.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Powell - I was one who always said Powell wasn’t good enough, glad he’s proved me wrong! Most improved player and heading for the player the year. What transformation. He’s proper leader now.

Isa- awesome against saints. I don’t think we’ve ever doubted his work ethic and defence. He just lacks that punch in attack, he can’t really break a tackle.

Greenwood- always been a fan of his. Big lad who’s got one of the best offloads in the game and he can punch a hole through defences to use his offload. Never understood why we loaned him out, attitude, fitness maybe...

Clubb - did ok but still think he’s had his day.

Tommy - still can do a job and would keep him for another year for his experience.

Lockers - thought I’d mention him. Needs to take a leaf out of Graham’s book and retire. Been fantastic for us but the team is moving forward and we are doing well without him. Plus we don’t seem to be giving many penalties away now he’s not playing.
Green Machine

Post by Green Machine »

Did Clubb get injured as he only played 14 mins first half and didn’t return second half?