Lam

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Lam

Post by Firestarter »

The problem with winning the lls is will we still get home advantage? I mean will we actually play at wigan?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:53 pm The problem with winning the lls is will we still get home advantage? I mean will we actually play at wigan?
We won’t play at the DW anytime this season sadly!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:01 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:53 pm The problem with winning the lls is will we still get home advantage? I mean will we actually play at wigan?
We won’t play at the DW anytime this season sadly!
Unlike many of the other clubs at the top of the table we have not had the luxury of playing on our own paddock, against reserve teams or being given two points! If we were to win the LLS then it would be even more remarkable achievement.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Josie:- "We won’t play at the DW anytime this season sadly!"

Why is that Josie, especially if we win the right for a Home Play Off ?

Anything to do with the situation at Latics and the stadium ?
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Delighted for Lammy! For my money he has done an excellent job since day one! :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Nezza Faz wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:32 pm Josie:- "We won’t play at the DW anytime this season sadly!"

Why is that Josie, especially if we win the right for a Home Play Off ?

Anything to do with the situation at Latics and the stadium ?
I just think it’s because of COVID

Plus the RFL have decided on the stadiums that can be used & kept sanitised & safe for players & support staff

Although don’t think it helped with Castleford & the situation they’re in with the infections they have ATM allowing a game there!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Josie: "Plus the RFL have decided on the stadiums that can be used & kept sanitised & safe for players & support staff"

That's what I thought about the RFL/Stadium choices. They announced the venues on the return of the game, naming W'ton, Saints and Leeds only.
But since then, unless I'm mistaken, every ground except the DW has now been used (Wakey at home to Leeds today).
That's the mystery ?
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Nezza Faz wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:44 am Josie: "Plus the RFL have decided on the stadiums that can be used & kept sanitised & safe for players & support staff"

That's what I thought about the RFL/Stadium choices. They announced the venues on the return of the game, naming W'ton, Saints and Leeds only.
But since then, unless I'm mistaken, every ground except the DW has now been used (Wakey at home to Leeds today).
That's the mystery ?
Don't forget Catalans playing in front of their own fans

Has anyone actually got the full list of grounds used since the restart for televised games or none?
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

Besides us i don't think Hull or Hull k.r have played at home but Latics are playing home games so why not us? Unless it may be seen as an advantage for us
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

cherry toffee wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:28 pm Besides us i don't think Hull or Hull k.r have played at home but Latics are playing home games so why not us? Unless it may be seen as an advantage for us
It seems like any excuse to weaken wigan imo....... it defo doesnt make sense especially with the wakey home game( one off)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE