Lam

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Lam

Post by Mike »

Something to do with grounds shared with football sides? Have huddersfield played at home?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
benjamaphone

Post by benjamaphone »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:23 pm The thing is as a defending play you don’t need to contest the ball and you don’t need to get out the way all you need to do is not change direction of your movement or push out attacking players so you can run towards the ball then stop and stand and that is legal
Many thanks for the clarification - still not keen on it but it makes sense now 👍🏼
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

benjamaphone wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:09 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:23 pm The thing is as a defending play you don’t need to contest the ball and you don’t need to get out the way all you need to do is not change direction of your movement or push out attacking players so you can run towards the ball then stop and stand and that is legal
Many thanks for the clarification - still not keen on it but it makes sense now 👍🏼
I saw at least twice when the blocking saints defender was looking over his shoulder at the chasers and moving onto their path. It happened quite far downfield so is probably impossible for the ref to spot as he's switching from looking for offside to the area where the ball will be challenged for. If you do this nearer to where the ball lands it's far more likely to be spotted IMO.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Just going off topic slightly....... did anyone else notice regan grace in the fight after greenwoods high shot? He seems totally uniterested until the water carrier grabs him, then he starts going mad until he lets him go, then hes not interested again...... it proper tickled me
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE