French signs for next year!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: French signs for next year!!

Post by fozzieskem »

Wintergreen wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:05 am Good news on French. Very exciting player.

No coincidence that it has been released at the same time as the badge fiasco. :(
Yes it’s almost as if they knew there would be a poor reaction
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

Big stick wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:05 am

I wouldn’t be so confident that he will sign. There has been a WhatsApp conversation with Phil Clarke leaked we’re he’s saying that Hastings has asked for more money and been told no.

I hope he does stay and either this conversation is someone’s sad attempt of being a troll or it’s just initial talks. I am lead to believe it however as it does mention that he still has an attitude problem.
He also tweeted to congratulate French on his new deal and commented that’s why there’s no money left, he’s deleted the tweet since, it maybe tongue in cheek though
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Id quite happyily see G Burgess and Lockers both let go to upgrade hastings
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Lazy J wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:50 pm
Big stick wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:05 am

I wouldn’t be so confident that he will sign. There has been a WhatsApp conversation with Phil Clarke leaked we’re he’s saying that Hastings has asked for more money and been told no.

I hope he does stay and either this conversation is someone’s sad attempt of being a troll or it’s just initial talks. I am lead to believe it however as it does mention that he still has an attitude problem.
He also tweeted to congratulate French on his new deal and commented that’s why there’s no money left, he’s deleted the tweet since, it maybe tongue in cheek though
It was tongue in cheek but then you always have the social media trolls causing mischief & mayhem!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:30 am
Wintergreen wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:05 am Good news on French. Very exciting player.

No coincidence that it has been released at the same time as the badge fiasco. :(
Yes it’s almost as if they knew there would be a poor reaction
Poor PR from the club. All the talk should be about French re-signing and Facebook and forums are instead going ballistic about the badge. :roll: If they were trying to bury the news abut the badge with the French announcement they badly underestimated the reaction to the badge change.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:30 pm Id quite happyily see G Burgess and Lockers both let go to upgrade hastings
With regards to G Burgess, how do you suppose we let go a contracted player?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:51 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:30 pm Id quite happyily see G Burgess and Lockers both let go to upgrade hastings
As I have said before we could try an insurance write off but might the insurers refuse to pay on the grounds it was know he was injured when we signed him?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Been travelling since 4am and only just got chance to read this. What fantastic news following the great performance v Saints!

It's also uplifting to see the united response on here - I even totally agree with DaveO.

We shouldn't let the badge issue detract for the experience: it's what happens on the pitch that matters.

Re Hastings. What about selling G Burgess to Toronto for tuppence ha'penny in exchange for voting for them?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Macward

Post by Macward »

I'm sure with lockers retiring, Tommy possibly retiring, flower going and maybe Joe Burgess moving on sure we would have enough to up Hastings wage. That being said I'd prefer to keep Joe Burgess I think he has done really well since he has had a run in the team. I'd rather let hankinson or Bibby go to free up some money.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

ian.birchall wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:16 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:51 pm
As I have said before we could try an insurance write off but might the insurers refuse to pay on the grounds it was know he was injured when we signed him?
Sounds ridiculous. When’s this ever been done before successfully?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."