New Badge

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dan2266

Re: New Badge

Post by Dan2266 »

medlocke wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:09 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:08 pm
medlocke wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:07 pm

Whats it look like
Ive Just posted it above pal..
The new kit
Yeah, its a twitter link
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Radlinski is talking nonsense about the cost of embroidering badges on shirts because that haven’t done that for two years.

They print them already which means you can have as complex a design as you like for the same (cheap) price.

As to other merchandise such as baby grows that do have an embroidered badge it’s obviously not entered his head people buy these things because the embroidery makes it a quality product and isn’t something that will flake off after a few washes.
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

Shocking and disappointing. Shame on you Wigan.
Yes I Ate All The Pies !!!!
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

DaveO wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:27 pm Radlinski is talking nonsense about the cost of embroidering badges on shirts because that haven’t done that for two years.

They print them already which means you can have as complex a design as you like for the same (cheap) price.

As to other merchandise such as baby grows that do have an embroidered badge it’s obviously not entered his head people buy these things because the embroidery makes it a quality product and isn’t something that will flake off after a few washes.
That's why the NRL Jerseys are so good, they all have embroidered team and NRL logo badges on the chest, bit dearer but they're quality and they keep their Traditional crests.
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

Can't believe the timing or design not great, poor judgement by the club, it looks awful

Seen another option on twitter which looked much better, don't think this is going down well with the majority of fans
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

DaveO wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:27 pm Radlinski is talking nonsense about the cost of embroidering badges on shirts because that haven’t done that for two years.

Costs go up with the size of the colour pallete. So even printed will be cheaper with a monochrome logo.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:24 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:14 pm New training gear etc looks nice

https://store.wiganwarriors.com/
Depends on the quality for me Josie I thought it very poor this season I hope it’s better that’s for sure
Yes hope so too, thought it was way too thin in some of the lines like hoodies & body warmers!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

My objection here is not why they are doing this, or even that they have done it, it's the way they've done it in an all or nothing way.

US sports have what is called secondary branding. They develop a new identity for the organisation alongside the existing brand and, if they want to, they gradually put more emphasis on the secondary branding and less on the primary until they've swapped round. This allows people to see the new branding and get used to it, and to still retain the tradional merchandise along side it.

You can achieve everything Rads talked about within this scheme without alienating everyone (you just alienate some!). An all or nothing approach is dated and unnecessarily divisive.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:25 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:24 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:14 pm New training gear etc looks nice

https://store.wiganwarriors.com/
Depends on the quality for me Josie I thought it very poor this season I hope it’s better that’s for sure
Yes hope so too, thought it was way too thin in some of the lines like hoodies & body warmers!
So they have banged on about the cost of stitching the old badge, and proceded to print & heat on the new badge.... why couldn't they just do that with the old badge. We’ve been sold down the river by the club. Absolute shit show. I wont be buying anything with the new logo on whatsoever. Going off social media response I wont be the only one
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Without reading any input from the club or KR, I'm simply offering my opinion on first impressions (as every other fan shall).

I can hand on heart say, I prefer our traditional crest personally! To me, its looks like an attempt to design a 'Wigan Warriors Wigan Athletic style of crest'

For me, I think it would have been more considerate/gracious to maybe offer a fans poll (like the club did for the 2017 home shirt).

If it generates more money for the club and an improved number of fans then so be it but, i think it will take a season or two for this to grow on me (if it the future for many seasons to come).