New Badge

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: New Badge

Post by medlocke »

The warriors head could do with some black piping :lol:

A bit of black outline would define it more imo
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Im warming to the new badge however

i really like some of the new gear - but badge aside the prices are ridiculous

look at this
https://store.manutd.com/en/manchester ... -r1c2:po-5

https://store.wiganwarriors.com/item/20 ... zip-hood-a

like for like product more expensive than Manchester United Shop? - and thats disregarding the quality difference

Im sorry but Wigan are acting like Rugby League is a much bigger sport than it is - even if the new badge were a hit these prices are not!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wintergreen wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:44 am Image

It's a bit like throwing away your Rolls Royce and replacing it with a Dacia.

Can anyone actually say they prefer the new version? Honestly?

Reading the statement by KR.

“We know that through this process we may upset a few people, but we need to be bold and brave (You didn't "need" to be anything. You chose to adopt a new logo) and if we want to take our brand to new places and be aspirational with it, now is the time for change.(You don't need a new logo to do this)

The move found its origins in the Super League remodelling of last year, when leading sports brand agency Nomad - whose portfolio of clients also includes the Premier League - started a push to move the sport forward in how it presents itself at the top level. The London-based (enough said. Probably never heard of Wigan)company also did an audit of clubs, with its feedback telling Wigan that they had a workable nickname but a crest that had little digital, broadcast or commercial potential.
You should offer your services to the club since your such an expert in the area.

Whilst I do think the club has missed a trick getting the fans involved in the re-design, it does sound like the club are doing it for the right reasons and we should all be supportive if it increases our brand, fanbase, financials etc.

Rugby League is a dieing sport, the fanbase is tiny, the financial situation of most clubs is concerning and our very own owner is pumping his own money into the club each year to balance the books. I am all for the club trying to explore every possible avenue that will improve our financial situation which is going to be alarming following the disruption caused by Covid.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

IF the fans had been involved we'd have a childs drawing or a Wigan McWiganFace slogan...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Mike wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:20 pm IF the fans had been involved we'd have a childs drawing or a Wigan McWiganFace slogan...
And then we could have had a sensible debate on which one was worse.......
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

Mike wrote:IF the fans had been involved we'd have a childs drawing or a Wigan McWiganFace slogan...
Sounds great. [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

moto748

Post by moto748 »

I'm not reading through 11 pages of posts (here, or elsewhere!), because I don't think it's the biggest issue in the world.

But, no, I don't like it much.

It * does* look like a cheap rip-off of Canberra Raiders (which is kinda doubly unfortunate)

and in Manly colours!

doing it as a fait accompli was a bit insensitive.

Compared to French and Hastings staying? Small beer! :lol:
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Just as an aside, re-reading KR's statement on page one, he almost implies that the club were pushed into it, or at least encouraged, by Superleague.

So has any other club changed their badge recently?
jobo

Post by jobo »

Well, the signage is now on Robin Park, featuring the new logo/badge.

Must admit it does look good and my grandson thinks it's great.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Ive totally changed my mind....... i admit i do like it now and think the new grey tracky top ,with red trim ,looks smart with the new badge........ still not simpressed with the new shirt though( ill have to see it up close)....., dont see why we cant have both new and old emblems....... cost my arse
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE